Please, make S2 support 1360x768 (HDTV) resolution!

2»

Comments

• edited May 2008
    I feel the need to add to this thread. Or at least bring this up again some how.

I played the entire first Season on my 32" Olevia HDTV with a native resolution of 1360x768. It's my primary monitor for any video playback or game-play. I easily overlooked the aspect limitations of the original season, as the TV supported hardware scaling of the built in resolutions fairly cleanly, and if aspect wasn't preserved correctly, so what, right?

Then I saw very recently that Season 2 was out, so I swiped it up as of yesterday. I was immediately confronted by the COPS asking me me to give them my resolution before I started playing. I thought this was GREAT, until I realized that all the supported wide-screen resolutions caused over scanning (as mentioned before) on my monitor, and would end up leaving the game poorly letter-boxed or clipped.

I'm actually a little upset that you completely missed the target with that upgrade, or whatever it was supposed to be.

I actually turned off the game without ever clicking "next" on the COPS screen, and haven't started it back up so far. I've been hoping to find a way to either verify that it will, or will not ever work.
  • edited May 2008
    Well, not playing only lasts for so long. Running in a windowed wide-screen mode now. But really Telltale, "Do you really want to hurt me, do you really want to make me cry"?

Brilliant.
  • OMAOMA
    edited June 2008
    Ok, sorry to be insistent, but half a year has passed since I raised this topic here, and the problem is still here. As you can see there are several people having this same issue, and I think it would be easy to fix if someone at Telltale actually looked into it, instead of just joking about it.

Back in November, Jake said:
    Jake wrote: »
    I'll ask around the office to see if anyone has solutions to your guys' HDTV issues. We'll see what turns up.

So what happened after all these months?

Surely, adding an additional 1360x768 resolution can't be that hard. It would be great if it could be implemented in the forthcoming Season 2 DVD.
  • edited September 2009
    Is there a way of "vertically letterboxing" S1 for 1360x768?

It looks worse than most SCUMMVM games stretched from 4:3!
  • edited September 2009
    What about playing in a window?
    If I have these kind of issues, the first thing I try is just to run the damn game in windowed mode.
  • edited September 2009

Someone in another related thread, which I can't find or remember, posted this great tool (hack) to make TellTale based games run at your preferred resolution.

Give it a try: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Tell_Tale_Games_Custom_Resolution_Tool
  • edited September 2009

Officially, no as far as I am aware.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.