Sam & Max 201 - Direct3D Error

edited December 2007 in Game Support
Aggh! No previous problems, with S&M, but I am unable to run Ice Station Santa! I am using an IBM T43 laptop (1G RAM) with Windows XP, SP2 installed.

I read the FAQ and have checked to see that DirectX 9.0 is installed.
My computer's color quality is set to 32 bit with a screen resolution of 1280x1024.
I did not try to run the game in compatibility mode.
All updates for my system, including video drivers, are installed.
I also uninstalled, and reinstalled the game, then rebooted the computer.

Now what? Help!

Comments

• edited November 2007
    I had the same problem...then I have downloaded an update for my graphiccard. What graphiccard is in your computer? Because if you have a Radeon then you can download the catalyst 5.4 and it´s done ;). Try to find an update for your graphiccard because this would fix the problem I think :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    Tonitt, what kind of video does your laptop have? Have you played other Sam & Max games on that machine without problems?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    It is always worth getting a new install of DirectX and your video card drivers. Even if you do have the most recent version, sometimes a necessary file can get corrupted.
  • edited November 2007
    New drivers and new direct X installations done - still doesn't work. I have never had any problems with the Sam & Max games on this computer before. I have done a reinstall of the game as well - still no luck. HELP! Send Agent Superball!
  • edited November 2007
    S&M still not working! Help!!
    edited November 2007
    What kind of video card do you have?
  • edited November 2007
    Hi, Will! My system profile says I have ATI MOBILITY RADEON X300
    edited November 2007
    Hmm, I really feel like it should be your video card drivers at fault... When you installed the new driver, did you uninstall the old driver first?
  • edited December 2007
    i am having the same trouble getting the error. i have checked compatability, 32 bit. my video care is a geforce4 420 60. i dont know how or where to update video driver if thats what it is.
    edited December 2007
    Hey Nepa,
    You can find drivers for your video card here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Since you have a geforce 4, you want to select Legacy for your product type. I wasn't sure what operating system you had or I would have just grabbed the driver for you.

I would also suggest updating your DirectX, which you can get here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en
This discussion has been closed.