Long loading time for episode 201

edited January 2009 in Game Support
I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet on the forum, but the loading times were really bad for me this time around. I actually had to sit with a book by my laptop, so I could read in it while waiting for the next screen to load. I

In the last game, screen loading was very fast - only a few seconds each time. This time, sometimes the screen loading could take up to a minute. The loading itself took less than that (about half a minute) but then the screen actually loaded, and gameplay was still very jittery for another half a minute.

Actually, I noticed you did something different this time around - it looked like the game "remembered" the last 4-5 screens I was in and didn't need to load for any of them. However, any new screen would take a lot of time to load. Since the loading times were so long, I actually found myself trying to solve puzzles in rooms I've been to recently and not in new rooms just to avoid the loading time...

Just wanted to say this, because it actually ruined my gameplay a bit. (although the game was still great!)

Comments

• edited November 2007
    Really? Load times were only a few seconds longer for me compared to season one.
  • edited November 2007
    My computer is a piece of crap, so my load times have always been insanely long. Like, sometimes more than a minute long.
    That's why I just may be the only person here who wants as few screens as possible.
  • edited November 2007
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    My computer is a piece of crap, so my load times have always been insanely long. Like, sometimes more than a minute long.
    That's why I just may be the only person here who wants as few screens as possible.

I don't think I'd go as far as saying that I want less screens in the games, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm suffering a lot with the loading times too, basically because I have a really shitty and dated 3d card. Still, it doesn't make my comp blow up, and it's worth it considering how awesome these games have been.
  • edited November 2007
    My load times were actually faster this time around... although that can be attributed to the fact I went from 1 GB ram to 2 GB. Might be worth upgrading your ram too, as it is cheaper than most other upgrades.
  • edited November 2007
    I got 256 RAM, but even on lowes resolution anf graphivs, when i enter santas workshop, it tells me "201 has encounmtered a problem and needs to close", after 1000 years of loading!
    HELP ME!(PS. I only got the demo for now)
  • edited November 2007
    yeah it took my computer forever to! I know how you feel! I had to uninstall every game I have on this computer in the end to finially speed things up!
  • edited January 2009
    I found it to take forever to. Even with my new laptop!! I tryed everything and it still was slow
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009
    What type of video card do you have, and how much RAM on your computer?
This discussion has been closed.