TWD All saved games are gone?

edited November 2012 in Game Support
I havent really started on Episode 4 yet, as all the graphics were mostly green,yellow,red and blueish. I was trying to start again today from the last mission in Episode 3, and when i tryed to launch Episode 4 my game crashed. When I relaunched all saved games were gone.

Now what do I do?
I'm not gonna play the whole game again, just so it might work in Episode 4 this time, or it might crash again and delete all.
How do i get my saved games back, so I can try the new episode?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2012
    What platform are you playing on?
  • edited November 2012
    Sorry, really not trying to hijack this thread, but I pretty much have the same problem here on Vista.

All save files are still in the "\Users\username\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead" folder but it seems like the prefs file got fried. I do not have a prefs file in any of the other TWD folders and I do not have a backup of an older version.

Is there any way (either now or through something you guys might be working on) to get the game/prefs file to point to the right save files again?

Cheers
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Is there any way (either now or through something you guys might be working on) to get the game/prefs file to point to the right save files again?

It would be great to have such a tool.

Here are some ways of restoring lost savegames.
  • edited November 2012
    Im playing on windows7
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2012
    aegge wrote: »
    Im playing on windows7

Then the above link also applies to you. Restoring the savegame folder to a previous version would be the ideal way, unless you have disabled that feature.

If your savegames are back and working, make a backup copy of the entire folder.
This discussion has been closed.