Final Puzzle Appreciation!

edited November 2007 in Sam & Max
how good was the final final puzzle? I felt very excited when i figured that one out.. makes up for the hours i spent firing that cannon and turning the switch on and off throughout the entire game :D:D but kudos to the designers..loved it

Comments

• edited November 2007
    truly, the final puzzle was excellent. I really hope Telltale at least hold up the quality of work they put into s2e1, or exceed it.
  • edited November 2007
    It was a great surprise in quite a few ways... One because, yea, all that stuff you could mess with earlier finally came in handy, two because I honestly thought the game would end after using the christmas spirits, and three because it was a pretty difficult puzzle, worth of the game's ending. Just like the end of episode 6 puzzle, it made you use your head, without driving you insane.
  • edited November 2007
    I actually solved that puzzle pretty quickly. Mostly because earlier in the game, I messed about with the cannon and spinning plane. I repeatedly tried getting the cannon to fire a shot into the plane, actually.
    I was glad to see that it was possible to do so, though, so it all worked out in the end I guess.
  • edited November 2007
    For some reason, I just didn't connect the cannon with the bi-plane... I thought I had to get Max to jump on the trampoline and land on the plane himself! Hindsight 20/20, I guess. :p
  • edited November 2007
    I tried that repeatedly throughout the game, too :P Nice red herring.
  • edited November 2007
    All throughout the game I kept doing things like stopping the bomber over the trampoline to see if Max would jump into it or something... then I just decided it was a red herring and served no purpose at all.
  • edited November 2007
    This puzzle was a lot of fun. A great way to end the first episode of the season.

To be honest, I didn't like the last puzzle of Season 1. You only had a limited time to try something before it cycled through the whole thing. This time, i could try shooting any whacky thing I wanted with no time limit.
  • edited November 2007
    I also fired it before and tried to hit the plane but exactly this was the problem because this way the final puzzle was no puzzle anymore. You just did what you've tried before and woops everything was over too soon...
  • edited November 2007
    taumel wrote: »
    I also fired it before and tried to hit the plane but exactly this was the problem because this way the final puzzle was no puzzle anymore. You just did what you've tried before and woops everything was over too soon...

you had to get a new present though!
  • edited November 2007
    I found it easy and yet fun 8D
  • edited November 2007
    @Hero1
    Yeah but this was so obvious after you've seen the cannonball's trajectory.
  • edited November 2007
    Hopefully this final puzzle--which was joy to figure out because, like everyone else, I was messing with the environment before the puzzle came up--is a sign that there will be some crazy Sam & Max Rube Goldberg puzzle in the future.

Get these five items, put them in a certain order, watch a cut scene feature a rediculous amount of cause-and-effect reactions, all to open a door! Max's reaction? "We went through all that just to open a door?! Why couldn't be just break it down!?"
  • edited November 2007
    yeh same didnt take me long to solve the puzzle.
  • edited November 2007
    I liked the final puzzle, but it was'nt much of a challenge because I figued it out quite easily, although I must admit at first, that I did keep firing the cannon thinking I had to hit the plane, but then it suddenly came to me.

I think Episode 201 has been good, a finely balanced episode with good homour,jokes,puzzles, and a good length to it. Cant believe we have to wait 2 months now though for the next episode, Arrrggggg hurry up January, I've got Sam and Max fever all over :D ,maybe I could replay the first season again?
  • edited November 2007
    Aww, I was hoping to get in before someone used the phrase "Rube Goldberg".

This was definitely a great puzzle. Not because it was hard -- it was actually one of the easiest, for me -- but because like others, I had been messing with those items in an attempt to solve just about every OTHER puzzle in the game, to no avail, and to finally use them all in one fell swoop at the end felt really rewarding.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.