Bosco and his conspiracy chart. Spoilers

edited November 2007 in Sam & Max
I have yet to finish the latest episode but I can't help but wonder if Bosco's latest antics were inspired by the DC animated Question.

Basically the Question in the DCAU is a conspiracy theorist. However he believes that there is an overarching conspiracy and has a big board with plenty of sticky notes that tries to piece it all together.

Here is a link for the first episode he appears in. (Justice League Unlimited "Fearful Symmetry")

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2431612575153694286

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=407346833213034934&q=Justice+League+Fearful&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

Comments

• edited November 2007
    There was a rather similar chart in Psychonauts, and I get the feeling it's more likely a reference to that, to be honest. Given the whole video game thing, you know?
  • edited November 2007
    It's not a Psychonauts reference, it's a reference to every conspiracy movie ever where someone makes a chart with photos and string and stuff.
  • edited November 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    It's not a Psychonauts reference, it's a reference to every conspiracy movie ever where someone makes a chart with photos and string and stuff.
    I just meant that if it were a reference to any one thing in particular, Psychonauts seemed more likely than the Justice League.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    That's probably true, but it wasn't a reference to anything specific. Maybe A Beautiful Mind if anything, but generally just when a conspiracy theorist goes over the edge, they're for some reason obligated to turn their house into a dark room, fill their walls with photos, scrawled ink messages, and lots of pieces of string connecting things, with unsettling black and white photos hanging everywhere.
  • edited November 2007
    My favourite crazy conspiracy string diorama has to be the first season of heroes with future-Hiro and his great 3D red string web
  • edited November 2007
    EVERY movie needs to have black and white photos on string charts. Also, every home. Right next to the yellow party van stuffed with dog curtains.
  • edited November 2007
    Holy crap. When I read the first post in this thread, my mind went "No, that also happened in Psychonauts. Actually, it's somewhat cliche... I remember it happened in A Beautiful Mind. Oh, there was also that thing in Heroes."

And then I read the rest of the posts :eek:
  • edited November 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Holy crap. When I read the first post in this thread, my mind went "No, that also happened in Psychonauts. Actually, it's somewhat cliche... I remember it happened in A Beautiful Mind. Oh, there was also that thing in Heroes."

And then I read the rest of the posts :eek:
    It's a conspiracy! We've been reading your mind all this time. Sorry.

Also, there's an episode in Spooks where they have to make Princess Diana's death look like a conspiracy, and they also have a wall full of photos and documents and stuff in the office, similar to Bosco's chart.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.