flint papers office

edited November 2007 in Sam & Max
any chance sam and max might be able to climb through the hole in the wall in future episodes and explore flint papers office?

what's your thoughts on this? :D

Comments

• edited November 2007
    Do it! And if not climb, poke their head through the wall to, again, see piles of criminals and Flint smoking. Yay!
  • edited November 2007
    I sure hope so! That'd be a nice addition to a main location.
  • edited November 2007
    I don't know about climbing through the hole, but I think that forced redecoration would be a nice excuse to put a new door there.

On the flip side, climbing through small holes would be a nice excuse to have Max playable for small portions of the game.
  • edited November 2007
    I dunno, but adding a door between flint & snm office doesn't make much sense to me. it's like adding a door between the women and men's bathrooms.

Though I do agree Max would be a swell playable character.
  • edited November 2007
    I would vote for the return of the hallway. - No, I don't think I'd take too long to walk to the street.

--Erwin
  • edited November 2007
    If the insertion of the hallway may make players complain about the lag time between leaving the office and comming back(on some computers, there is a certain pause everytime, Sam opens a door and leaves,) I suggest that Telltale add an option much like the Desoto. I mean, when you click on the door, a dialogue box asking whether if you want to go out to the streets or pay Flint a visit. That way, Telltale doesn't have to create a new scene and it won't add extra time to for Sam to get from point A to point B (for those complain that it already takes a long time to venture through the streets.)
  • edited November 2007
    Maybe the hallway could even be an extension of the office scene rather than its own area?
  • edited November 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    Maybe the hallway could even be an extension of the office scene rather than its own area?

Haha, interesting everyone one else, myself included, were too pinheaded to see that as an option. YOU HEARD BADWOLF TELLTALE!

That would be so perfect, and there's so many great things that could come of that, people barging in on Sam & Max while they're in their office, leaving threat notes/bombs outside their door etc.
  • edited November 2007
    Erwin wrote: »
    I would vote for the return of the hallway. - No, I don't think I'd take too long to walk to the street.

--Erwin

Nope. Wouldn't take long to walk.

But it'd take a long time to load.

Ultimately, the goal should probably be to make it as easy as possible to get between any two given nodes. Abe Lincoln Must Die was an egregious violator of this, frequently requiring you to pass through 3 nodes to get from one destination to another. One or two is preferable.
  • edited November 2007
    I don't mind going through a bunch of locations. It's part of the fun that made the old school games unique
  • edited November 2007
    True, we may not mind about an extra room that may take long to load, but we are a small sample. So our opinions may outweigh the others who do not post here, unforunately.
  • edited November 2007
    Yeah but the hallway would be just an extension of the current office map, so it would load only once and not for that long, meaning there'd be no loading time between hallway and office scenes, as it'd be a single scene with multiple cameras positioned accordingly.

I really miss that guy, hanging off the hallway railing that Max prods off. Haha.
    "And here's one for your old man!" Haha!
  • edited November 2007
    I was kinda disappointed in 201 that there was no hallway with an option to go to flints office, i think it be great. i don't care if it takes a long time to load it, it be worth it.

also on the idea of playing has max that would be cool, on a more plausible level i kinda wish max could have more dialog options throughout the game has opposed to 1 or 2 chances to talk to others.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.