Episode 105 and 106 trouble

edited November 2007 in Game Support
Crossposted from another forum:

I'm having a bit of trouble running 105 and 106 off of gametap. It loads, but it hangs at a black screen and more or less freezes my computer. I asked gametap and doing what they said to do makes the title-screen art load but it still freezes. Oddly enough, Every other episode including 201 works for me. I don't know what the problem is. Can anyone help?

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    Have you tried redownloading those episodes? it may just be a case of a glitched download.
  • edited November 2007
    Will wrote: »
    Have you tried redownloading those episodes? it may just be a case of a glitched download.

I've tried multiple times. Episode 5 did work once for me after turning off my virus checker, but it seems to have been a fluke because it hasn't worked since.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    Is gametap saving any of your files when you delete it? They might be causing a problem. If that doesn't work, try submitting a ticket to gametap support. They have a bunch of nifty tools that might be able to tell them what is going on.

The problem is that due to GameTap encryption, you can't fiddle with your preferences file. Of course, its always worth updating your drivers and DirectX, but I would be absolutely shocked if that fixed the problem, given that all the rest of the episodes work fine.
  • edited November 2007
    Eh, nothing's working. Maybe someone can tell me how episode 6 goes so I'm not missing anything before 201?
This discussion has been closed.