Sam & Max 201 - Gameplay Glitch?

edited November 2007 in Game Support
SPOILER WARNING

Whenever I go up or down the tree into Santa's chimney, Sam & Max don't actually escalate/slide on the tree itself, but rather above it. I'm assuming this is a glitch? I tried changing resolution settings, but it still happens. Has anyone else experienced this?

Examples:
http://www.meelworm.com/stuff/201a.png
http://www.meelworm.com/stuff/201b.png

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    I've never seen that before...
  • edited November 2007
    Yeah, I had this on my first playthrough. At first, I thought it was just a weird joke that they could fly up rather than having to climb the tree, but when I started a new file, everything seemed fine. It looks like it's the tree that's too low, rather than Sam and Max being too high, but I've no idea what causes it.

I'll attach the savefile in case anyone from Telltale wants to take a look (it seems to be a savefile thing, seeing as my other save works fine).

http://www.willhostforfood.com/files/136569/11-13-07%2017_49_18.save
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    Are you playing the Gametap version? We discovered this bug really late in development, too late to get a fix to Gametap, and it should be fixed in the version from our store. It is relatively minor and not game breaking in any way, but it would be good to know if it is still happening in our version.
  • edited November 2007
    Will wrote: »
    Are you playing the Gametap version? We discovered this bug really late in development, too late to get a fix to Gametap, and it should be fixed in the version from our store. It is relatively minor and not game breaking in any way, but it would be good to know if it is still happening in our version.
    This is the store version, 1.0.0.0 to be exact. I understand that version 1.0.0.1 has been added, so I am going to download that, but first I will just see if starting a new game fixes it, per BadWolf's suggestion.
  • edited November 2007
    I started a new game in 1.0.0.0, and the glitch was solved.

I installed 1.0.0.1, and using my old (glitched) savegames, the glitch still occurs. So this may signify that the glitch can still occur randomly even in the latest version. Or maybe, as BadWolf mentioned, the glitch is somehow stored in the savegame files. In which case, since Will said the problem was solved, it should never occur again in the latest version, assuming you don't use old savegames.

Also, the problem is indeed in the placing of the Tree, not of Sam & Max. This is clearly noticeable in the second scene (rooftop/chimney), where the tree is not even visible, they simply 'float' up to the chimney.
  • edited November 2007
    1.0.0.1 changed nothing except a launcher problem, so that's not surprising.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, if it is in the store version, than the fix must not have made it in after all. Either that or the fix failed, but we were unable to reproduce it during testing time. This is one of those annoying bugs that we knew existed, but had no earthly idea how to reproduce, making it difficult to verify the fix. To the bug database!
This discussion has been closed.