Custom resolution for Season 2 Ep 1

edited December 2007 in Game Support
Is there any way to set a custom resolution (1360x768, widescreen) for the game?
The closest i can get is 1280x720.
If this isn't possible, can i ask if the resolution can be implemented into future episodes.

Comments

• edited December 2007
    I have a similar problem; my shiny new eee laptop plays Sam & Max fine... but unfortunately the game insists on using 800x600. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but the screen is only 800x480!

Thus rendering the game unplayable.

I'd really like to be able to use either the native 800x480 or else 640x480. Failing that... well, I'm going on a nine hour plane flight on Thursday, and I need Sam & Max to keep me sane...
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    The available resolutions are determined by pinging the video card to see which resolutions it accepts. There isn't really much we can do about it, but you could try updating your graphics card drivers or directX to see if it affects anything.

As to David, I think I can find a workaround for you if you are playing 201. Email support@telltalegames.com and I'll try to get it working for you.
  • edited December 2007
    Thanks; I am, and will.

For reference, I did manage to find a workaround myself: if I tell it to play in windowed mode, I get a 800x475 window. Which I can then carefully place so that it very nearly occupies the full screen. The frame rate isn't particularly great, but it's playable. If your workaround can make 640x480 work, I'll report back.
This discussion has been closed.