I want The Geek!

2»

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Ugh... I hated her with a passion.
  • edited November 2010
    Is the girl genius going to be appearing in any future episodes?
    Dont offend, im really only talking of my opinion in hear, but I hate the geek...And i dont really think telltale is planning to use the cartoon characters...because i feel lazy to explain again way I dont like the geek, I will paste a comment i alredy did on other forum sorry for the so ugly english, hope you understand a thing, i have edited my comment, but im shure my english sucks anyway xD:

To be honest I hate the geek, i know she was going to be a boy, but i think the change of her sexuality was like killing 2 birds of one shot,maybe was killing more than two birds xD i mean;

1·I think is because the channels are always worried and paranoic about the parents complaints and censures when they put their money on a cartoon, so for one side they are worried for the presence of a female character that appiers as a positive example, this takes me to the second point of way I think the geek was created, she was a way to make crazzy people and parents dont acuse them of misogyny with a bunsh of letters, so they made a genius girl, a smart girl, a good example, just think on all the famele character on the cartoons as sandy of spongebob, Dr Hutchison on rocko, a lot of etc, a lot ofcartoon show created had one of thous.

3· I think the geek was created because the sudden appier of a kid as a friend of sam and max was a strategic move to have kids feeling identified and on consequence feeling more related to sam and max.

Anyway, I hate when characters born for sush reazons, frecuently ther isnt spase for funny stuffs on their personality, because they have to be smart, cool, or a good example, and is precarious for the selling and raiting mixing other type of aspects on the personality,with that i mean funny aspects B( . Bosco rules, is so original,as crazy, paranoic, funny and multifasetic. And I also think Sybil is somehow the tipe of character the geek is, but as the games are not for kids, ther is spase for making fun of her, so I like her. Maybe steve created the geek, but I think dont even hem feels so attached to her, on an interviwe he answered that the geek was created for the networck, but he traied to always let her aside of the group of Sam and Max.
  • edited November 2010
    I never found The Geek retracted from the animated series but should only appear within the context of that show.
  • edited November 2010
    I never hated her but I dont care if she comes back or not.
  • edited November 2010
    I really don't get all the hate. I wasn't particularly fond of the geek, but she wasn't that annoying.
  • edited November 2010
    I find it funny that a discussion that died out three years ago so easily resumed in an instant with all different participants.
  • edited November 2010
    It is said that the Geek lives in a sub basement of the S and M building. Since the moleman lives under the building, could it be posssible that TT can include the Geek if they made her into a mole person and that her human persona is a disguise or a robot of some sort?

Aside from Harry, we don't see a lot of molemen outside Moreover, because Doug and his cousin appeareed to be hanging out at odd locations in HTR, it is possible that their kind aren't accepted in the public.
  • edited November 2010
    I find it funny that a discussion that died out three years ago so easily resumed in an instant with all different participants.

Well, scinse im cheking telltale page a lot of times this days, waiting for poker nigth at the inventory to be realized, and the announcement on the blog of the of The Devil's Playhouse dvd, i been killing a LOT of time lately on the forums...but indeed maybe i have been killing to mush time xD.:p
  • edited November 2010
    The Geek was a shitty character.

Just saiyan
  • edited November 2010
    The Geek was a character that worked within the context of the series, and I don't hate her, but I think there's no real point to her showing up again.
  • edited November 2010
    The Geek was a character that worked within the context of the series, and I don't hate her, but I think there's no real point to her showing up again.

That is almost exactly what I said in another thread about the same topic....
  • edited November 2010
    well i always want geek

and the other ways (CREATE A TEENAGER GEEK ON DEVIANT ART please seriously guys)
  • edited November 2010
    If the geek comes back again, it basically screws up the character of Bosco. Some of the puzzles in sam and max revolve around getting money to buy Bosco's tech.
  • edited November 2010

I guess that is what happened to her. Be cool to see that item inside Sam and Max's office in a future TT game. It is a vague reference so it wouldn't be stepping on any license fiasco if there are any.
  • edited November 2010

*looks closely* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooh. I wonder why I didn't notice that when I got the DVD....
  • edited November 2010
    Since the Geek is most likely dead, I thought of an idea that Sam and Max could use with the body. They could have her turned into one of those science skeletons you see in school. Her corpse could have a few bullet holes or other marks to give an indication of how she died. Although cruel, the skeleton could also be used as target practice; Sam and Max tends to horse around at the office, so I can imagine them doing it by accident; I can imagine max mistaking the skeleton as a zombie late at the office
  • edited November 2010
    I'd rather see Lorne the Friend for Life back in some form rather than the Geek but can someone tell me, was Lorne in the comics before the series?
  • edited November 2010
    Damn, I know The Geek wasn't liked, but I didn't mind her, just though she would have moved on and away from Sam & Max to something more important, didn't expect her to be dead!
  • edited November 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Damn, I know The Geek wasn't liked, but I didn't mind her, just though she would have moved on and away from Sam & Max to something more important, didn't expect her to be dead!

It is just speculation that she is dead since Purcell only confirmed that the picture he drew for the DVD is her coffin, but doesn't confirm if she is in it. Maybe she faked her death and grew up to be female Stinky or S&M used her bones for soup or something
  • edited November 2010
    doom saber wrote: »
    S&M used her bones for soup or something

you don't get much deader then that.
  • edited November 2010
    Didn't have a problem with her from the animated series, can't understand why people hate her so much, although not sure how she would fit in with the video game
  • edited November 2010
    If The Geek appears in a future episode I will go postal.
  • edited November 2010
    I didn't mind the Geek in the cartoon. Sure, she wasn't as funny as Sam or Max, but she didn't go out of her way to be an annoying character and was only used sporadically. However, I don't really think she NEEDS to be in the games, when we've already got other characters providing Sam and Max with the gadgets they need.

Was kind of surprised to see so much intense hatred for her, though.
  • edited November 2010
    Is the Geek the Scrappy Doo of the series?
  • edited November 2010
    For me the Geek was fine, certainly wasn't a dreadful addition to the show. Hopefully she hasn't passed on and may yet one day return in a grown up form, now twisted and evil, hell bent on a quest for vengeance against S&M.
  • edited November 2010
    I didn't mind the Geek in the cartoon. Sure, she wasn't as funny as Sam or Max, but she didn't go out of her way to be an annoying character and was only used sporadically. However, I don't really think she NEEDS to be in the games, when we've already got other characters providing Sam and Max with the gadgets they need.

Was kind of surprised to see so much intense hatred for her, though.

We hafta hate on someone in the S&M series lol jk
Sign in to comment in this discussion.