TWD: More save issues! (Like you aren't sick of them)

edited November 2012 in Game Support
So, I played episode 1-3 when they were each released, didn't have any save issues and played all 3 through to the very very end, and made sure that they were all finished and saved properly because of the save issues I was seeing everywhere.

I go to play episode 4 and BAM the game doesn't even think I've played episode 2 or 3, and is asking me to continue from the end of 1!

I've seen various solutions, and have tried a couple to no avail. If anyone can help me, I'd really really appreciate it - I love the games but I want to keep my single original play through as an honest gut-reaction play, rather than me tweaking everything in my favour and I DON'T want to have to play through several hours of gameplay just to scrape back my progress.

Has anyone encountered this save bug specifically? Can anyone help a poor soul in need?

Cheers guys

Comments

• edited November 2012
    I think that's what happened to me. Are you playing on steam?

My exact scenario is this: I bought the game on steam after episode 2, downloaded it on my new computer shortly after episode 4. After I exited the game about halfway through episode 2, it didn't look like any progress had been saved. It was annoying but I was able to play though the episode when I hit "play" on episode 2 normally. Then, I tried playing episode 3... no dice. So I went on the forums and found this thread:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32666

I don't know if you've tried it but it worked for me. It's a bit of a pain in the ass because you need to do the fix before starting up the game every time you play, but it works.

If that didn't work, I'm not sure what to tell you. :/
  • MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
    edited November 2012
    This can occur if you have more than 1 prefs file on your computer, or if you are not playing on the administrator account. Please always run the game as an admin, and also do a search on your computer for prefs.prop. You should have only 1 in your Docuemnts\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead folder. If you have one in a Gamedata folder, or in your install directory, please remove it.
This discussion has been closed.