Problem With Episode 2 & 5 Installation

edited December 2012 in Game Support
I use a Mac; I had the same problems with getting the episodes everybody else did, until we got the manual workaround, which I use.
So I did the manual installation for Episode 5. However, when I entered the game to install it, it showed both Ep 5 and Ep 2 as "Purchased" but not installed. I installed Ep 5; it seemed to work.
Upon trying to go in and play, the game crashed.
Now when I go in and try to install either of them (both are on "Purchased"), they go "Downloading 0.00%" then go to "Downloading 0%"
Please lend assistance.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Please don't post the same text in multiple threads.
    daddad111 wrote: »
    So I did the manual installation for Episode 5. However, when I entered the game to install it, it showed both Ep 5 and Ep 2 as "Purchased" but not installed. I installed Ep 5; it seemed to work.
    Upon trying to go in and play, the game crashed.

I would not expect the game to work, if you weren't able to press "get".
    Please check if your savegames were corrupted by the crash, and if so, recover them from your backup.

I don't know how to fix the "purchased" issue. You can try if deleting some or all of the "syncfs" folders contents helps, but that's just an experiment.
  • edited November 2012
    Copied the actual game files, then deleted everything in SyncFS and started the game. Quit the game, put the game files into the appropriate files, and went to "Download Content" I was immediately able to install Ep 3 and Ep 4, but the same problem reemerged with Eps 2 and 5.
  • edited November 2012
    The problem has now spread to Ep 3.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I think i misunderstood you earlier.
    So after the manual download you press "Get" for episode 2, 3 and 5, and it starts downloading, hanging at 0%, instead of quickly changing to "installed"?
  • edited November 2012
    That is exactly what occurs, except it also losses the 0.00% and goes to 0%
  • edited December 2012
    I fixed the first problem- it would appear some files deleted themselves from the affected episodes. Now, however, the game crashed when I tried to go into episode 5. So is there some sort of known solution for this?
  • edited December 2012
    And upon reopening the game, I found Ep 5 had uninstalled itself again. Tried to install, re encountered the starting problem. I went into the data files and found that Mac_Shaders was missing-again.
This discussion has been closed.