My save game is not showing up anymore

edited November 2012 in Game Support
Hi there
Went to play ep5 tonight on Steam, and discovered my save game has just vanished.
I am on windows 7 64bit.
Haven't done anything to my computer since finishing ep4 on the 3rd of November, yet if I try to start ep5 it just says I can randomize my play up until that point.
Well that's no good, I've apparently put 13 hours into game play on walking dead, now it's just gone! Not to mention he hour I have spent tonight trying to find the save file.
I still seem to have all the achievements , so what's going on here?

Please inform ASAP. I'm trying very hard to avoid all talk of this game, but twitter and Facebook are making that very difficult, and now I'm just the chump who paid for this, yet cannot play it.

Thanks
Stu

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Exact same problem, same OS.

Pretty bummed about wasting my 17 hours. I'd love it if the game I paid for worked as expected without my having to spend hours researching problems online and copying and pasting save files hither and thither. A similar problem occurred between episodes 1 and 2. How much troubleshooting am I expected to do to get your product to work as advertised?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2012
    You can try the "restore previous version" feature on the savegame folder (right click, "properties", "restore previous version"):

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
  • edited November 2012
    DjNDB wrote: »
    You can try the "restore previous version" feature on the savegame folder (right click, "properties", "restore previous version"):

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

Hey thanks, I did try that and it gave me back a saved game but sadly only up to EP2......
    This is just everything I hate about gaming on a PC! My 360 or PS3 don't do $hit like this.
  • edited November 2012
    Well, since so many of us have had save issues with this game, I just decided I would play EP5 without a save.
    I lost some characters, and the end was not quite ruined, but certainly changed as there were quite a few decisions talked about that I did not choose.

It's just too bad really, the game is quite excellent, but these issues, as well as some of the other things described in the forums take the shine right off it for me.
This discussion has been closed.