Idea for Night Of The Raving Dead

edited February 2008 in Sam & Max
I think that Night Of The Raving Dead should be scary.

Comments

• edited December 2007
    Well, for one thing you're too late. Design is long over. They're in playtest, if you'll recall.

But that's beside the point.

There's a line, you know. A rather fuzzy and indistinct one, perhaps. But it separates someone suggesting content from someone usurping the designers.

Did you cross it? I'm not sure. It is rather fuzzy.

But you're awfully, awfully close.
  • edited December 2007
    Sorry, when I posted this thread I was thinking about how the game Delaware St. John was very scary and not funny at all, whale Sam and Max is funny and not scary at all. I'll get rid of some of the things in my post. (You should also get rid of some of the things in your post to.)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    There might be some vaguely scary parts. It depends on how easily scared you are, though.
  • edited December 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    There might be some vaguely scary parts. It depends on how easily scared you are, though.

Hugh Bliss scared me. Does that make me easy to scare?
  • edited December 2007
    No just because overall he's creepy.

Not as Creepy as West was during most of Heroes Season 2 but creepy nonetheless.
  • edited January 2008
    Uh i sortof doubt it'll be scary i mean realy how are Zombies and Skelatons scary? There Undead you rip there legs off they can't move shoot them there goners. so i doubt it'll be scary
  • edited January 2008
    Anvilania wrote: »
    how are Zombies and Skelatons scary?
    You've obviously never played Oblivion, with all the lights off... and then you wander into an Ayleid ruin... you sneak about, searching for Welkynd stones... you think all is well. Then suddenly, you hear a distant grunt. Thinking nothing of it, you resume your way through the dungeon. Ah, there you have it, a chest with some nice loot. Opening it, you find a handsome amount of gold and some useful armour. You turn around, not an enemy in sight. Yet you hear that grunt again, closer this time. You turn the corner, hear some stones gliding away, and you see a hole in the wall that wasn't there before. You quickly turn around, and a zombie is right in front of you, staring into the void that he apparently thinks is in front of him. Together with the GRRRRs and EEEURGHs that he lets out, this is quite a startling experience. You hack at him with your trusty Umbra, and yet the foul creature won't die, insisting on infecting you with his scary diseases. Having put him to his final rest at last, you turn another corner. Nothing to see. You turn around, and, *GASP* three zombies! By now you've gone completely mental.

Well... it's scarier when you actually play it, but trust me, it is scary. :p
  • edited January 2008
    The nice thing about zombies is how you can use them to guard your property. I mean you place one of these guys in a 1x1m room with absolutely no light or fresh air and wait for someone to open the door or trigger some mechanism with the same effect. I've seen them do it a lot, especially in those mars facilities. There's a zombie in every closet one might assume.

Anvilania wrote: »
    Uh i sortof doubt it'll be scary i mean realy how are Zombies and Skelatons scary? There Undead you rip there legs off they can't move shoot them there goners. so i doubt it'll be scary
    Actually several versions of there exist. First we have they're, which is actually they are, like in "they're undead". The next one is their and it could be used in combination with the legs, like "their legs", implying that the legs actually belong to them. So is is used in a kinda possessive way. The last one is the real there, which describes a location, more or less. You could say "i don't want to go to the kitchen, zombies are in there". I just wanted to mention it, I don't want to make fun of you or anything..
  • edited January 2008
    I think that Night Of The Raving Dead should be scary.

Please, please, please tell me that you've seen this movie:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_living_dead

And secondly, please, please tell me that your "idea" really came to you after comparing everything but the first two letters of the fourth word in each title.

I can't believe you found Delaware St. John scary. I found Volume 3 to be an absolute bore, and I didn't bother trying any of the others.
  • edited January 2008
    I didn't like volume 3 either, that one was boring. The ones that were scary were volumes 1 and 2. A really scary part was in volume 2 when the ghost skeleton appeared in the ticket window and gave him the movie ticket. And yes, I did see Night of The Living Dead and that was where my "idea" really came from.
  • edited January 2008
    YOu can watch Night of the Living Dead here
    http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-2956447426428748010&q=night+of+the+living+dead&total=1850&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Apparently the movie is free to download since no one owns the rights anymore.
  • edited January 2008
    hmm, i bought the dvd recently...for like 3 bucks. a real classic..
  • edited January 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    The nice thing about zombies is how you can use them to guard your property. I mean you place one of these guys in a 1x1m room with absolutely no light or fresh air and wait for someone to open the door or trigger some mechanism with the same effect. I've seen them do it a lot, especially in those mars facilities. There's a zombie in every closet one might assume.

Actually several versions of there exist. First we have they're, which is actually they are, like in "they're undead". The next one is their and it could be used in combination with the legs, like "their legs", implying that the legs actually belong to them. So is is used in a kinda possessive way. The last one is the real there, which describes a location, more or less. You could say "i don't want to go to the kitchen, zombies are in there". I just wanted to mention it, I don't want to make fun of you or anything..
    : | o----k then i don't realy care
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2008

The problem is, that if for some reason you want something from that closet, or not, and you forgot about your "security device" and open that door...

On the positive side, maybe you'll get some nice security job, in a 1x1 closet...
  • edited January 2008
    The nice thing about zombies is how you can use them to guard your property.
    Sounds like the movie Fido.
  • edited February 2008
    guys the trailer is now out and as you see it isn't scary
  • edited February 2008
    Depends on what you consider "scary"
  • edited February 2008
    Nipple Rings on a shirtless guy is pretty scary.
  • edited February 2008
    he does look kinda scary....
  • MelMel
    edited February 2008
    Dedlok wrote: »
    Nipple Rings on a shirtless guy is pretty scary.
    A Prince Albert would be scarier :eek:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.