Quality of crossbones-shirt

edited December 2007 in Sam & Max
Noticed in the end of November that the print on the shirt i received in the mail in the end of September had started to crack at one place (I think I had spilled some jam or something there, dunno if that's got anything to do with it). I don't think I have used it much more than any other shirt I have, and I have a lot of old shirts with perfectly fine prints. A little more than two months is too short time in my opinion. Have any other had problems with this? I love the shirt, and I'm just a little worried how long it will last...

Comments

• edited December 2007
    hmmm, what a shame. Mine is still pristine and happy, but then... I do have a LOT of clothes so it's not worn as often as it should be. Drat, more of a reason to whittle down the clothing situation aye?
  • edited December 2007
    Sadly its not the fault of the company or anything.. there are two kinds of shirts.. one where the image is put onto the shirt and one where the image is put into it. The puffy type shirts will always fade faster and easier than others. :P Its a fact! I have hundreds of concert tee's starting from the late 70's.. trust me on this.

Wear with pride.. This is why I buy at least two of every shirt I love, one to keep one to wear till the wheels fall off.
    if you HAVE to for some stain purpose use hot water only in the area of the stain...pray its not on the art... use cold water to wash almost every time.. if it feels or smells gunky hit it with a hot wash but .. notice the diff.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    Many people at Telltale have worn their Max shirts to death with few adverse effects (other than whatever happens to a person with an image of Max burning itself into their chest for any amount of time).
  • edited December 2007
    Yeah, mine's still fine as well. Turning it inside-out before washing it (and especially drying it) seems to help.

Plus, you could buy a few more from the company store to distribute the wear evenly!
  • edited December 2007
    mine is still in excellent condition..wear it a lot 2..
  • edited December 2007
    Chuck wrote: »
    Yeah, mine's still fine as well. Turning it inside-out before washing it (and especially drying it) seems to help.

jup, that usually helps.also you should only dry it on a hanger and avoid machine drying. oh and ironing it might be an instant kill. mine looks still fine as well...on the other hand, i can't remember when i last washed it...or if i ever washed it. damn.

furthermore you should still wear it, since these prints get brittle over time by themselves, even if you didn't wear, wash, whatever it.
  • edited December 2007
    good advice on the dryer..
  • edited December 2007
    I've only worn mine once (on talk like a pirate day of course). So I will keep those washing tips in mind. (Note to self: wash clothes = good)
  • edited December 2007
    Hm, guess it's only my shirt, then. But I use to turn it inside out before washing, and only at 40 degrees celcius. And it's only that shirt. Kinda weird. Well, thanks for letting me know how your shirts are doing. I'll see if I bother buying a new one when season 2 is out. The design is not that damaged, just a little crack, so it's fine for normal use.
  • edited December 2007
    My shirt design's pretty cracked. I just take it as being natural of T-shirts with designs placed on them as opposed to sewn into them, as a previous poster said. It's happened with all my merch T-shirts with a similar style, such as my "Grif" T-shirt (as I am an avid Red Vs Blue fan :3). I'm not complaining or anything, I actually like when they do that for some reason xD
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    I've got a slight crack down the middle of the crossbones, but nothing too major. I've had the shirt for a year and a half, though, and it's been very well-loved.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.