S02E01 configuration reset

edited December 2007 in Game Support
Hi guys,

A friend of mine recently installed the demo and with the initial run configuration (with the COPS) he was prompted for a resolution. He has a 16:10 wide screen LCD and the resolutions were only 16:9. He tried this, but it seems his screen does not like it and now just goes black when he starts up the game.

I know the aspect ratio issue has been brought up, but would it be possible for him to 'reset' the configuration, i.e. make the game run as if it's the first time and start the COPS configuration again? We tried deleting prefs.prop and also uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Besides, I might want to do it again too just to hear the great dialog!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• edited December 2007
    I wouldn't do this unless you know a little about computer's but if you get rid of the registry entry for the game it will act like a fresh install and you will get the config with the COPS again.
  • edited December 2007
    I thought as much. Just wondered if there was an easier option. Do you have a specific entry? Otherwise I'll just make a registry backup and do a test run on my machine.

Thanks!
  • edited December 2007
    Just get rid of season 2 entry's under the local_machine and current_user folders. You can find them under software and then telltale games. I would suggest making a backup anyways because it is always good idea to do when messing with the registry.
This discussion has been closed.