If you are planning on giving another Case File with a button...

edited December 2007 in Sam & Max
...here's a suggestion.

I got my Oswald DVD a few days ago, and inside it was a freebie button. It was shrink wrapped so that the pin doesn't poke holes in the paper incerts. The plastic wrapping has the same texture of a very thin shrinkie-dink and even comes with a hole big enough to put a pair of safety scissors through to cut it off the button. It's no bigger than the button you guys had made for the Season 1 Case File. Same kind of pin-backing too.

I am just throwing this out there because myself and others that loved the Season 1 Case Files had to deal with something getting a little damaged as a result of the button. In my case it was the postcard. For others, it was the magnet or the glasses. I think buy looking into this shrink-wrap protection, you will end up protecting the other items in the Case File for Season 2... again, if you are making a pin for that one. ;)

Comments

• edited December 2007
    just out of curiosity: what's a shrinkie-dink?
  • edited December 2007
    Arts and Craft kid-friendly product that can be dated back to probably the 50s.

Basically it's this sheet of cellaloid that you can draw and/or cut out shapes and images on that you bake in the oven at a low temperature (like 100 degrees F), and they shrink to about a quarter of their original size, as well as harden to a plastic-like product.

I hoped they took those off the market, because there were several "shrinkie-dink accidents" that we had, most of which involved the prodcut being able to break into a sharp point after the final point. Not to meantion the many chocking hazards we were able to produce because we didn't factor in the shrinking part.:D
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    Hmm, interesting. If we do another case file with a button in it we could look into it, but as it was we barely broke even on the case file. (It was a labor of love. :D) If it cost extra to get buttons shrink wrapped we probably couldn't afford to do it.

(We also handed out those buttons at conventions and in that situation, having the buttons individually shrinkwrapped would be pretty inconvenient...)

Also: shrinkie dinks rock!
  • edited December 2007
    I'm sure the fans wouldn't mind paying a little extra if it meant missing out otherwise
  • edited December 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    (We also handed out those buttons at conventions and in that situation, having the buttons individually shrinkwrapped would be pretty inconvenient...)

Also: shrinkie dinks rock!
    Did you order the buttons or did you make them yourselves with some button-press thingy? If you had them printed somewhere it shouldn't be to hard to find a store that offers shrinkwrap-protected buttons. I totally agree that you shouldn't invest more time in future case files than you did with the last one.

Anyway, I still think, that "shrinkie dink" is a strange word. Funny stuff though. I saw some of these when I was still young, but only on precut shapes. Also, they where probably made of a material that gives you cancer just by knowing it exists.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.