Sam & Max Nearly Save Christmas - a holiday special for the ages

Comments

• edited December 2007
    Watched it. Really liked it. Posted a link to it on the city of heroes boards. Hopefully it'll rouse some intrest there. :D
  • edited December 2007
    Great to finally see a Shambling Corporate Presence!
  • edited December 2007
    I'm so going to watch/forward this to every person that I can possibly know. Only have to play the fudging episode first...
  • edited December 2007
    Getting a download link of this soon? My internet connection sucks and the bandwidth can't carry the flash based player unfortunately :(
  • edited December 2007
    Shouldn't there be a 50 mile high spoiler warning for this? :P
  • edited December 2007
    Gametrailers finally put up a download link. Time to make a DVD!
  • MelMel
    edited December 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Shouldn't there be a 50 mile high spoiler warning for this? :P

There is on the blog entry she linked to.
  • edited December 2007
    There wasn't when I posted :P
  • MelMel
    edited December 2007
    There wasn't when I posted :P

I looked at the blog entry yesterday and it was there. :confused:
  • edited December 2007
    I'm not sure why you would want to show some1 this who hasnt played the game to encourage them to play the game..it gives away everything?
  • edited December 2007
    I know that the spoiler warning was there when I read the blog entry. But it said "spoils some of the puzzles".

And a reason I would show it to someone who hasn't played it: to get the person an idea what the humor in the games are like and possibly intrest them in playing or if they aren't the type of person who play games anyway but like that type of humor.
  • edited December 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    I looked at the blog entry yesterday and it was there. :confused:

Really? Hmm... somehow I completely missed it, I guess.

Wait... those letters aren't 50 miles high! My point still stands! HA! :p
  • MelMel
    edited December 2007
    Wait... those letters aren't 50 miles high! My point still stands! HA! :p

:D (Is there room in the internet living room for such a big thing?)
  • edited December 2007
    Might have to stick it in the study, with all the lolcats and Chocolate Rain covers.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    Dedlok wrote: »
    And a reason I would show it to someone who hasn't played it: to get the person an idea what the humor in the games are like and possibly intrest them in playing or if they aren't the type of person who play games anyway but like that type of humor.

Exactly. :D
  • edited December 2007
    I thought the pacing of the machinima was pretty bad since it happening so fast without any slowing down time. However, it is understandable since the vid is basically cutscenes from the game pasted together with the exception of a few new lines and a few new scenes here and there. I prefer the actual episode since the pacing is a lot better.

Nevertheless, the machinima is great for those who are too cheap to buy the actual game or as Dedlok mentioned, for those who do not play video games.
  • edited December 2007
    I just feel sad seeing the occasional person leaving a comment saying stuff like "Hey, I did say that not everyone can play these games. I want to but I'm not going to pay 60 bucks a year for GameTap JUST to play Sam & Max." Breaks the heart. :(
  • edited December 2007
    tobar wrote: »
    I just feel sad seeing the occasional person leaving a comment saying stuff like "Hey, I did say that not everyone can play these games. I want to but I'm not going to pay 60 bucks a year for GameTap JUST to play Sam & Max." Breaks the heart. :(

That's where people like us step in and point them towards TTG's store.

I liked the short as well as the reagrrangement of the sequence of events and new lines. The only bad thing I can think of is that it felt too much like I was watching the game's cut scene and not a machina short given what you guys did for Season 1. But it is a nice way to introduce people to the game's humor.
  • edited December 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    That's where people like us step in and point them towards TTG's store.

I liked the short as well as the reagrrangement of the sequence of events and new lines. The only bad thing I can think of is that it felt too much like I was watching the game's cut scene and not a machina short given what you guys did for Season 1. But it is a nice way to introduce people to the game's humor.

That is how I felt about the machinima; I mean, this machinima is not original, persay, like the shorts in season 1, but is more like a merging of cutscenes from episode 1, which made the pacing of the story a bit bad since it was jumping from one cutscene from another, without explaining somethings that the actual game explained such as the robot lying in the middle of the street when Sam and Max uses boxing Betty to fight Jimmy or why Sybil's office is now next to Bosco's.
  • edited December 2007
    tobar wrote: »

If your reply is in response to my first post on this thread, I have paid for season 2, as well as season 1. Also, if 60 bucks a year is too expensive to play Sam and Max through gametap, one can obtain the game through this forum for 8-9 bucks or 34 dollars for the whole season.

Just that there are always going to be ppl who will make some bizarre excuse of not playing the game and would rather resort to getting it illegaly. I recall last year that there was a few threads made by ppl who joined the forum asking for illegaly means to get the game despite that each episode is 8 dollars. Regardless of how much a game is, someone will complain about the price and will justify his/her means in not playing the game or obtaining it illegaly.
  • edited December 2007
    Watched it on another computer. This poor ol' '98 iMac can't handle much these days, and the PC is out for an upgrade. :\

Anyway, I like the
    Christmas future puzzle solution
    much better in this version. :P

And yeah, the timing is a bit confusing not being a game, but it's not too bad. One might even say that it's better than the TV series' timing. I'm curious to see how one who has not played Ice Station Santa would enjoy it. Time to spam my friends. *grin*
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    without explaining somethings that the actual game explained such as the robot lying in the middle of the street when Sam and Max uses boxing Betty to fight Jimmy or why Sybil's office is now next to Bosco's.

Fortunately someone who hasn't ever played the game won't have any idea that it's even a robot, or at least won't care that it's there - its just a green metal shell in which rats have a boxing ring - and probably won't think twice about why Sybil's moved, because they won't know where it was in the first place! The pacing is always going to be weirder than it was in the game since its a bunch of game cutscenes strung together as a clip show, but when the guys turned in the final edit I was surprised at how well it worked as a linear piece. (I was expecting the worst, and got far far better!)
  • edited December 2007
    It does work linearly from a story telling point of view, but it feels like it is missing that "Alot of stuff happens and then it ends" pacing that you got when you watched the cutscenes or played through Episode 4 of Season 1.

By the way, when are we going to hear the funkified version of the City Streets theme? I liked how that sounded during the montage.:D
  • edited December 2007
    Watched it all this morning. Top stuff, but near the end (especially with the past and present) the pacing was really bad, as it suddenly just jumped to another scene with no explanation.
    Apart from that, excellent.
  • edited December 2007
    Sent it to one friend who hadn't heard of Sam & Max before(Apart from my ravings), and she loved the machinima. :)
  • edited January 2008
    I loved it! were there edits like adding the extra elf, takeing out the soda poppers, and changeing the christmas present mission?
    edited January 2008
    were there edits like adding the extra elf, takeing out the soda poppers, and changeing the christmas present mission?

Yes. :D
  • edited January 2008
    Anvilania wrote: »
    I loved it! were there edits like adding the extra elf, takeing out the soda poppers, and changeing the christmas present mission?
    You know, I've been wondering- what was up with that extra elf? I mean, was there any point to that?
  • edited January 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    You know, I've been wondering- what was up with that extra elf? I mean, was there any point to that?
    Ever since he got cut from 201, that elf has been hanging around the office trying to get a part in one of the other episodes. When they were putting together that movie, he just would not stay out of the shot.
  • edited January 2008
    o----k obviusly (scinse Emily sed there were edits) there were!
    edited January 2008
    We added the elf so Sam wouldn't have to walk all the way across the room to ask where he could find the horsemen. Walking across the room does not make for good video. ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.