Whizzer

edited December 2007 in Sam & Max
nm ok

Comments

• edited December 2007
    Okay then.
  • edited December 2007
    Yeah, I sure thought that when I saw Whizzer too!
  • edited December 2007
    Pant-pissing jokes are the pinnacle of humor

edit: nm ok
  • edited December 2007
    Insightful and witty. I laughed, I cried, I blinked. You, Mr. Pitts, have said it all, and then some. Have you gone to a publisher with this? If so, I guarantee that the world will praise you for bringing the written word back into our culture. A more heartfelt essay has never been written, my friend.

I think it was the "nm" that hooked me. At that point, I knew I had to read your works in their entirety. And that ending! "ok". I was in tears...

It would be a crime... NAY! A travesty! If The Royal Shakespearean Troupe does not adapt this to the stage.

Good show, sir. Good show.
  • edited December 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Insightful and witty. I laughed, I cried, I blinked. You, Mr. Pitts, have said it all, and then some. Have you gone to a publisher with this? If so, I guarantee that the world will praise you for bringing the written word back into our culture. A more heartfelt essay has never been written, my friend.

I think it was the "nm" that hooked me. At that point, I knew I had to read your works in their entirety. And that ending! "ok". I was in tears...

It would be a crime... NAY! A travesty! If The Royal Shakespearean Troupe does not adapt this to the stage.

I'm already writing an On Ice adaptation, I hope you'll come to see it!
  • edited December 2007

Best. Post. Ever.

Of this thread.
  • edited December 2007
    Breaking news!

Delving through the site, I came across Pitts' other opus, also entitled "Whizzer". (I assume it's a first draft.)

In it's entirety: "Feel stupid asking, but can't knock Whizzer out. Got the other 2, but Whizzer has me stumped. Please Help!!

NM found the earlier thread - thanks anyway"

As you can see, this version is far more verbose, and yet, it doesn't have that same... how do the French say... "Camembert toulouse la trec deux trois" that the more compact copy of "Whizzer" has. One could say it borders on "tl;dr".

BUT! As a further glimpse into the mind of our most treasured living playwright, one should find "Whizzer: The Extended Draft" indispensable. More on this pillar of literary triumph as it develops.
  • edited December 2007
    Breaking news!

Delving through the site, I came across Pitts' other opus, also entitled "Whizzer". (I assume it's a first draft.)

In it's entirety: "Feel stupid asking, but can't knock Whizzer out. Got the other 2, but Whizzer has me stumped. Please Help!!

NM found the earlier thread - thanks anyway"

As you can see, this version is far more verbose, and yet, it doesn't have that same... how do the French say... "Camembert toulouse la trec deux trois" that the more compact copy of "Whizzer" has. One could say it borders on "tl;dr".

BUT! As a further glimpse into the mind of our most treasured living playwright, one should find "Whizzer: The Extended Draft" indispensable. More on this pillar of literary triumph as it develops.

This is one instance where severe editing on the author's part made the final product much more consise and cutting-edge without sacrificing any symbolism.

You see, most of the time, authors make things so lengthy that the message gets lost in the verbosity of the statement itself. By keeping it short, he manages to distill the work to its very finest essence, its "core", while maintaining the deep meaning he intended.

Surely, if you're a fan of his work, you should check out the original, unneccesarily long draft, but only the published is required reading of anyone who takes forum posts seriously. And, as we all know, gentlemen, the internet is serious business.
  • edited December 2007
    Okay, people, that's just incredibly rude. I hope you can see that. Mocking other members is COMPLETELY uncalled for. Please don't do it again.
This discussion has been closed.