[TWD] Question Regarding Disappearing Saves

edited November 2012 in Game Support
Hello all

I have a quick question regarding what I read on the FAQ. Let me post what it said first.

I've already beaten Episodes 1 and 2 and when attempting to load Episode 3, it asks me to randomize my decisions. Are my choices lost?

No, they're not! This is slightly complicated, but there are a few things that can cause that to pop up.

If you quit out of either of the first two episodes during the end of the game or on the stats screen, before the credits roll, it won't successfully flag your game as having been completed. However, all of your choices are correctly saved and you can import them into Episode 3 without issue. You WILL get a prompt asking if you would like to randomize your choices for this episodes since your save game isn't technically flagged as being completed, but your choices ARE saved and WILL import into the new Episode. When it asks you if you want to randomize your choices, say YES. Again, this is misleading, but it WILL import your choices.

The long and short of this is that if you have successfully completed Episodes 1 and 2 at some point on your current save, and are getting the randomized choices prompt on Episode 3, you can safely ignore it. The only time it would actually randomize your choices is if you haven't actually played Episodes 1 and/or 2.

Now this exact situation happened to me and I told the game to randomize and it appeared to correctly import my choices. Now do I repeat the process if this happens in any subsequent episodes? And, secondly, is Telltale working on a fix for this issue? Because my save is so important to the experience it causes me quite a bit of frustration and anxiety when my save disappears.

Comments

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
    edited November 2012
    While we are looking into this issue, it's possible this may happen again. I recommend making a back-up of your save directory (this includes your prefs.prop file, and your individual saves) so that if this, or any other issue, does happen again, you have a back-up copy to use.
This discussion has been closed.