My Game Exploded! SOS!

edited November 2012 in Game Support
I'm not much of a techy but I'll do my best to explain. I just got the game, blew through the first episode, everything was hunky dory. Then while downloading ep.#2 It got stuck on 99%. I raged and completely restarted my computer. Now, I know this is bad for the computer, so of course I made the same mistake several times. After the last restarting when ever I try to get on the game my screen freaks out and starts flashing a scrambled version of my screen saver, sometimes I get the games sound, sometime not. I have a mac computer by the by. Please help! :(

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Does the screen get better if you switch to windowed mode by pressing Command + F ?
  • edited November 2012
    The screen comes back, yes, (smaller version.) But the games mouse refuses to move with mine.
  • edited November 2012
    NVM, It just started behaving! Thanks so much for your help!
    Time to go bash some zombie heads. :D
  • edited November 2012
    well, never mind, The home screen is working again but crashes every time try to load ep. 2. I've switched the graphics to lowest possible resolution. The first episode works though.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2012
    It is possible that your incomplete download messed up episode 2.

Please try renaming/moving the savegame folder
    ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead/
    so the game doesn't find it anymore.

Then download episode 2 again, and try if you can start it in a new save slot with random choices.
    If that works, you can try deleting the prefs.prop and *.save files in the new savegame folder, and then copying back only the prefs.prop and *.save files from your original savegame folder.

If the episode 2 download gets stuck again, you can try downloading the files manually.
  • edited November 2012
    well, went through the process of downloading the files manually, I'm back on the game, trying to load episode 2. It hasn't failed, but it definitely isn't loading as fast as a minute.
This discussion has been closed.