PC Save File Issues

edited December 2012 in Game Support
Hello community people, this is my fist telltale game and I LOVE it so far, totally refreshing to see a character driven game and a child in a videogame that actually isn't annoying (no seriously, 100% props to the guys at telltale on clementine, really a privilege to be her fatherly figure in the game). Regardless, what troubles me is as such.

I've been playing through seasons 1-4 thus far in my excursion through the story and all of a sudden as I finish season 3 and begin the fourth the game crashes. No big deal to me, I'll just restart it. Upon doing so however the resolution and fullscreen settings had been altered and my save files were missing (prompting me as in the start of the game to make a new save file).

This is seriously troubling to me as I've put a great deal of effort into building my character and growing in relationships with the other characters for literally hours on end (thanksgiving break :D) and it's horrid to see all that go to waste.

The most peculiar aspect of this however is that all my save files (upon looking for them in the telltale save directory) are fully in-tact and available. Therefore, in short, wtf?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd really hate to randomize the hard work I've put into this game.

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Just signed up to make the exact same thread. I've tried to go through this game not once, but TWICE, and every time the game freezes or just straight up deletes my saves after returning to the main menu following the credits. I'm so angry right now, most of all because I actually enjoyed the first half of the game, and if this doesn't get sorted out I honestly don't think I'll ever buy or recommend a game from telltale to anyone.
  • edited December 2012
    Try this, guys, look toward the bottom of the thread.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=745324#post745324
This discussion has been closed.