Save Games cannot be transfered between two versions of the same game

edited January 2008 in Game Support
I downloaded a copy of S&M EP4 about a few weeks ago on Steam. Later, when I found out about Telltale's free version, I downloaded that. I was going to uninstall the Steam copy, but when I copied prefs.prop and all my .save to the Telltale version, when I try to load one of my saved games, the game crashes. It seems that there are some differences between the two versions (aside from the Steam version having built in "copy protection" and the TTG version uses Armadillo and a shell). I haven't tried updating the game (EP4 is still marked as a demo, and Steam doesn't update demos; someone should tell Valve to fix that), and prefs.prop doesn't seem like the problem (I've started a new game and can load/save games with the old prefs.prop). Anyone knows what is going on? Thanks.

Comments

• edited January 2008
    The save games aren't compatible between those versions, no. Sorry :(
  • edited January 2008
    OK... That means I'll have to beat the game again. Oh well. BTW, anyone know what is the little bit of difference between the two? And, just an idea for the future, make a box come up to tell the incompatibility, instead of just crashing. Good thing that props file is.
This discussion has been closed.