Episode 5 Not Correct Story Choices (On Mac)

edited December 2012 in Game Support
So, I've done some reading on this forum and the Steam forums and it seems like a TON of people are having the same issues of randomized decisions being made for you by Episode 5.

I ended Episode 4 with everyone still in my party and some very distinct choices of words to the person on the other side of the walkie talkie...I started Episode 5 and I'm completely alone and don't say anything on the walkie which makes me look like a coward.

I am not playing this last episode until this is fixed. Like everyone else has been expressing...we've spent good time throughout this series to have it end not the way we progressed through the game. I think it would completely ruin the experience.

I've tried some of these fixes I've read that had to do with macs, but none of them are working. Does anyone else know of anything? Either fixes or news on a possible patch? If nothing comes soon, I will be contacting TellTale to get my money back because this is absolutely unacceptable.

My opinion.

Comments

• edited November 2012
    So.......I can't believe this actually worked but...I advise anyone who has this issue to do one simple thing.

Restart your computer.

I went home last night and restarted (because as a Mac user, it doesn't need to happen very often, unlike PCs) and when I reloaded Steam, the game was working again and I finally got to finish it with my own choices.

Thank GOD.

I did move and replace the pref.props file stuff, but everything remained the same as when I first opened the folders...so whatever a restart did to the system...it worked. I don't think a patch was released, but who knows.

Please reply if you're a Mac user and let me know if it works for you too. It's so silly, but I don't care. I'm grateful that it worked and I got to finish a brilliant game. :)
  • edited November 2012

Restart your computer.

Please reply if you're a Mac user and let me know if it works for you too. It's so silly, but I don't care. I'm grateful that it worked and I got to finish a brilliant game. :)

I'll give a try tonight. I so want to finish the game, but I can't knock out Ep. 5 in a single sitting.
  • edited November 2012
    I restarted several times but I'll try it again. Apparently Telltale could care less as they just let people hang on this board miserable.
  • edited December 2012
    i have the same problem. restart doesn't do anything. my storys completely broken and its ruined the game for me.

pc version
  • edited December 2012
    I never had any problems with choices not being carried over during the game. My savegames weren't recognized twice and the downloading of the episodes was pure hell, but after a complete harddrive crash I had to reinstall OS X (Lion) and afterwards Walking Dead worked perfectly without any problems.
This discussion has been closed.