TWD: Where did my savegames go!?

edited November 2012 in Game Support
Hi, its about a month now since i finished episode three, and now i figured out that i wanted to finish episode 4 and 5, but when i start up the game it only shows that i have completed episode 2!! (i even made a copy of the savegame i used to finish episode 3 just incase, and its gone to! )

What the fudge is going on!?

Did the game just figure out that it wanted to delete my savegames or what?

Comments

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
    edited November 2012
    It's possible that you have a second prefs file on your computer that is interfering with your save data. Please do a search on your computer for prefs.prop. You should only have one copy of this file in your save game directory (Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead). If you find another copy elsewhere, this needs to be removed. Usually this duplicate file can be found in either a Gamedata folder adjacent to your save directory, or in your installation folder. If you remove this file, but still experience the issue, then it's possible the duplicate file is being recognized instead of the prefs in your save directory. Please take the duplicate file and move it into your save folder (which will overwrite the existing file). You may want to back-up both of these files before attempting this process, just in case.
  • edited November 2012
    I can't believe you people have not fixed this yet. I own almost all of TellTale's games and this is the level of support I get when things are broken. Your game never keeps track of its own progress. It is disgraceful and I am honestly shocked that you have not bothered to fix it.
  • edited November 2012
    id rather just get a refund than deal with messing with files like that...
  • edited November 2012
    Found another prefs.prop file inside my game directory
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default

Once i removed it, all my savegames came back :') Now i can finally finish season 1 without having to replay it from the start. Thanks for the wonderful support Telltale :)
This discussion has been closed.