Episode Idea

edited January 2008 in Sam & Max
So I was playing Phantom of the Opera on the piano and an idea struck me. Sam and Max with a musical episode!

Oh yeah! I know its absolutely absurd but what in Sam and Max isn't. Buffy the Vampire Slayer had a musical episode (Once More, with Feeling) and Scrubs had a musical episode (My Musical). I think it's only fair that Sam and Max get the same. And I can't think of a single game that is a musical. Sam and Max could be the first!

Comments

• edited January 2008
    I don't think it suits Sam & Max at all.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    I suspect that would be Mike Stemmle's dream game. I talked to him at E3 a few times, when Escape From Monkey Island was being made, and he repeatedly said he wanted to do an all-singing, all-dancing adventure game. I can't tell if he was joking.
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    Sam wrote:
    Not happening

Thanks Sam ;)

I think a musical episode would be a very very very bad idea.
  • edited January 2008
    Isn't one really excellent song per episode good enough? You can put them all together to make your own special Sam and Max: The Musical.
  • edited January 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I suspect that would be Mike Stemmle's dream game. I talked to him at E3 a few times, when Escape From Monkey Island was being made, and he repeatedly said he wanted to do an all-singing, all-dancing adventure game. I can't tell if he was joking.

If you ever see him again, as if he's played Rhapsody. It was the first (and last) musical RPG to be made out of Japan.
  • edited January 2008
    This idea has me both intrigued and horrified at once.
  • edited January 2008
    NO!!! DON"T DO IT! No one wants a musical.
  • edited January 2008
    Speak for yourself. I'd love to see one, even if I have no idea how it'd work in the context of a game.
  • MelMel
    edited January 2008
    NO!!! DON"T DO IT! No one wants a musical.

Speak for yourself. ;)

Would it be such an awful idea? It could be funny. I keep hearing people wanting more off-the-wall things with Sam & Max. A musical sounds pretty crazy to me. You people call yourselves Sam & Max fans but you certainly don't seem to want to think outside the box.
  • edited January 2008
    I think it could work if done right.
  • edited January 2008
    It'd be a chance to see something I've always wanted to see: Sam and Max sitting at a piano, singing "Those Were The Days" from All In The Family.

:P
  • edited January 2008
    The thing that would make it tricky is timing. Both of the interactive song numbers in this series have suffered from a complete lack of momentum thanks to the pauses while waiting for the user to click.
  • edited January 2008
    Well, I did love the ship singing part in Curse of Monkey Island...
  • edited January 2008
    I'm fine with one song in one part of the game. But I don't want the whole episode to be a musical.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.