New Moai Better Blues and Ice Station Santa soundtrack MP3s

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited January 2008 in Sam & Max
Bay Area Sound has delivered us a few more MP3s for you guys to synchronize your daily routine to. There are four new MP3s (as well as the four we released previously) in the blog!

Handy quick links:

Whoops also, I forgot to mention it, but "Woo!" features our own programmer Charlie Smith on the accoustic guitar! Awesomeness.

Comments

• jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    Listening Woo! now.... Lively and fun.

I don't know how Jared continues to deliver great pieces of music every time, but he does. And as long as he does, I don't care how he does it.

I thought I heard the S&M intro music blended at the beginning (around 0:25).Will (part of) this track be used as the intro track?

Hangin' 8....weird piece and completely different. Sounds a bit like music used in a 70's series mixed with... surf and a dash of Pulp Fiction? (I can't help but place the music inside the old Batman series, in particular during a fighting scene with the usual Pow!, Baff! and Crash! signs)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    jmm wrote: »
    I thought I heard the S&M intro music blended at the beginning (around 0:25).Will (part of) this track be used as the intro track?

The intro music for every season two episode is the same. Jared likes to blend themes in from all over the games, though, so it wouldn't be surprising if a little of some other melodies made their way into the Woo! track.
  • edited January 2008
    Hangin' 8 just granted my wish I've been posting over and over here since you first released concept art for Season 2. Thank you Telltale.... Thank you.. *sniff*
  • edited January 2008
    I have listened to these MP3's and I must say: I LOVE THEM!
    Woo! is absolutely amazing, it realy takes me back to the Tropico 2: Pirate Cove days. That game rocked, so I sure this MP3 will cheer me up on gloomy days.
    Hangin' 8 get's you in a surfing mood so I'm sure it will fit the new episode well, apart from being good listening.
    The Ice Station Santa music is great as think I have stated before several times.
  • edited January 2008
    I can't help but sing the words of "Under the Sea" from Disney's "Arielle" when listening to "Woo!"... LOVE it!
  • edited January 2008
    Guess it isn't called "The Little Mermaid" over there, eh?
  • edited January 2008
    I love "Woo" can't stop listening
  • edited January 2008
    Guess it isn't called "The Little Mermaid" over there, eh?

Well, it's just the subtitle (in German of course, "Die kleine Meerjungfrau"). And no, don't make a joke about "Die"!
  • edited January 2008
    Yay Tropic Music!! good music good music! :D lishening to all episode 202 mp3s now!
  • edited January 2008
    Hehe, coincidentally I was listening to "Under the Sea" just yesterday! I'm going to use it in my video, for the scenes that were shot at the Aquarium in Monterey.

And yeah, "Woo!" sounds familiar!

--Erwin
  • edited January 2008
    I can't believe Jared hasn't won any awards for this music yet! Its the best video game music I've heard in years.. Every episode has something new and varied and its all first class. Put me down for the season 2 soundtrack when its available.
  • edited January 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »
    I can't believe Jared hasn't won any awards for this music yet! Its the best video game music I've heard in years.. Every episode has something new and varied and its all first class. Put me down for the season 2 soundtrack when its available.

To play the Devil's Advocate, Jared is competing with the likes of the Halo soundtrack and epic scores from various Japanese RPGs in the whole Best Music catagory. He's not going to win any awards from the gaming community so much as he may win awards from the gaming industry itself.
  • edited January 2008
    Spetacular as always, Jared! :D

I must say, though I loved the Season 1 soundtrack, I find myself enjoying Season 2's a bit more due to the wider variation. I just love the eerie, chill-down-your-spine feeling from the "Ice Station Santa" tracks and the soothing, carefree "Moai Better Blues" tracks that bring a warm reminder of my trip to Hawaii last summer...

Thanks for the MP3s Telltale! Keep 'em coming! :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.