Totally hi-res image wanted!

edited January 2008 in Sam & Max
Oh, hi there! I know it's probably a tad too late, but is there any chance of getting a hi-res picture of this?:

http://files.telltalegames.com/blogs/summerofsamandmax.jpg

Comments

• edited January 2008
  • edited January 2008
    Hey, hey! Thanks. :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    That's a nicely done upscale. How do you do that sort of thing?

I have the source image for that Summer of Sam & Max art at a pretty decent resolution (though at higher res you can see some lazy photoshopping a bit more than at the smaller size). I'll try and dig it up during the work week for you.
  • edited January 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    That's a nicely done upscale. How do you do that sort of thing?

I have the source image for that Summer of Sam & Max art at a pretty decent resolution (though at higher res you can see some lazy photoshopping a bit more than at the smaller size). I'll try and dig it up during the work week for you.

Cheers Jake. I'm also interested in how you do it, but I doubt I'll be able to pull it off. :D
  • edited January 2008
    "Alienskin Blow Up" is a nice Photoshop plugin for that kind of stuff. That, and overlaying some grainy texture to the parts that need it (like the sand and the ocean), to fake some detail.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Ah an alien skin plug-in. How vintage sounding! They had a plugin suite called Image Doctor, I believe, which I used for a while for image touch-up. I can't find it anymore, even after turning my apartment inside out. Sad :(
  • edited January 2008
    laserschwert is the man when it comes to digital design..always impressed
  • edited January 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »
    laserschwert is the man when it comes to digital design..always impressed

Despite not having a forum avatar...

Regardless, I am impressed as well laserschwert. When I saw your upscaled version, I about wet myself.

*edit* Nevermind... I did.
  • edited January 2008
    C'mon, it wasn't THAT good...

Plus: I don't need an avatar. :P
  • edited January 2008
    Plus: I don't need an avatar. :P

No, no, of course not...
  • edited January 2008
    Hey!

Mh... well, at least it's cute.
  • edited January 2008
    Heya Laserschwert :) Nice to see you here.

The upscaling algorithm seems to be similar to the Dutch S-Spline Pro / PhotoZoom Pro one, at least the results look very similar.
  • edited January 2008
    Hey Pete... nice to see you turn up here. And yeah, I guess they all use some variation of the S-Spline algorithm.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.