When I finished Episode 4, Episode 5 is comming soon...

edited December 2012 in Game Support
Hi!

I hope you understand me :o

I'm playing TWD on the PC (via Steam) und had no problems since I finished Episode 4. When the Credits are over, I was trying to play Episode 5, but I'm only getting the message, that Episode 5 is coming soon. When I restart the game, it tells me, that I have not finished Episode 4 and I have to play from the last savepoint (Lee was bitten), then the same problem like before apears.

Now I'm sitting here and don't know what to do, I'm sad about that I can not play Episode 5 with all my decision I've made...

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Restart the game and click episode 5. (: i had the same issue
  • edited November 2012
    Hi!
    Thank you for your answer. But I have restarted the game for somte times. I just deinstaled it, deleted all folders and all files but the savegames. Everytime when I click on Eposide five, the game will generate random decisions for me :( And when I continue playing Episode 4, it starts, when Lee gets bitten...
  • MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
    edited November 2012
    This may be an issue with having multiple prefs files generated in different folders. Please do a search on your computer for prefs.prop. You should only have one copy of this file in your save game directory (Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead). If you find another copy elsewhere, this needs to be removed. Usually this duplicate file can be found in either a Gamedata folder adjacent to your save directory, or in your installation folder. If you remove this file, but still experience the issue, then it's possible the duplicate file is being recognized instead of the prefs in your save directory. Please take the duplicate file and move it into your save folder (which will overwrite the existing file). You may want to back-up both of these files before attempting this process, just in case.
  • edited December 2012
    I was having the same problem as this person, but now I have a much worse problem. It used to be I would start off at the same checkpoint as Adhen, but now it starts me off right at the beginning of episode 4! I'm going to have to play the entire episode over again. I did a search for prefs.prop but only found the one that's supposed to be there. And I don't want to play through episode 4 just to have this happen again.
  • edited December 2012
    MattP wrote: »
    This may be an issue with having multiple prefs files generated in different folders. Please do a search on your computer for prefs.prop.

Hi MattP...

I've read the prefs.prop solution on several threads now. I'm running The Walking Dead on a Mac via Steam. I've searched my entire computer for a prefs.prop file and can't find one, let alone two to fix this problem.

Any other suggestions?
    Thanks...
  • edited December 2012
    Quantupus wrote: »
    I was having the same problem as this person, but now I have a much worse problem. It used to be I would start off at the same checkpoint as Adhen, but now it starts me off right at the beginning of episode 4! I'm going to have to play the entire episode over again. I did a search for prefs.prop but only found the one that's supposed to be there. And I don't want to play through episode 4 just to have this happen again.

An update: The opening to episode 4's "Previously on the walking dead" is showing me making different decisions than I made. It shows Lilly stealing the RV when I know I chose to leave her behind. Please, I don't want to play episode 5 after generating random story decisions, I want to continue with my story. Any help would be appreciated.
  • edited December 2012
    I had the same problem once, when it showed Lily stealing the winnebago in the previous ep... But I quit out, restarted the game, and it was solved...
  • edited December 2012
    Ok, I copied my save file in-game and started the copied version and now it starts back at the final checkpoint in episode 4, so that's one bullet dodged I hope. But it still wont let me start episode 5; it still says coming soon.
  • edited December 2012
    I would at the very least like to know if this is a problem Telltale is aware of and is working on fixing.
  • edited December 2012
    Hi I am having the same issue, it originally said episode 5 coming soon, but i quit and restarted and bit the bullet and started episode 5 with auto generated decisions.
    But I played level 5 for some time and when I went back it hasn't saved????
    Very upset player. Please help
This discussion has been closed.