GameTap subscribers read

edited January 2008 in Sam & Max
Hello all It is the day our highly untrained police Heros come back in a new "high caliber" episode: "Maoi Better Blues"!:D though there is truble with GameTap I found out. :( I'll inform you when it's ready to be downloaded! Untill then "scarf down" as much as episode 201: "Ice station Santa" as possible!
Though who will win Sam & Max or the Bermuda Triangle? Find out in this episode!

Comments

• YitYit
    edited January 2008
    I also have gametap, and the game appears to be down.

Also, Anvilana, please try to use correct (or as close as you can get) spelling and grammar in these forums. It seems to be a common courtesy everyone follows. (Is it a rule?)
  • edited January 2008
    Yit wrote: »
    I also have gametap, and the game appears to be down.

Also, Anvilana, please try to use correct (or as close as you can get) spelling and grammar in these forums. It seems to be a common courtesy everyone follows. (Is it a rule?)
    Yeah, evidently GameTap accidentally put up a beta version, and now they're working on putting up the final build. It's all in the most recent posts up on the top stickied thread (the Moia Better Blues one).
  • edited January 2008
    Whoa, maybe I downloaded the beta.
  • edited January 2008
    Whoa, maybe I downloaded the beta.
    If you're experiencing glitches, missing lines of dialog and are experiencing a general lack of fine edges, then yeah.
    I'm fairly certain that if you're playing it the game is a beta; I can't say for sure, because for all I know they put up the completed version already.
  • edited January 2008
    Yeah, I downloaded it really early this morning. Only played for about 20 minutes or so.

I deleted it. Hopefully the new one will be up soon.
  • edited January 2008
    I want to keep you informed on "Maoi Better Blues" it was removed from GameTap awhile ago i'll check back on gametap as frequently as possible and keep you informed
  • edited January 2008
    It's up on Gametap now. Yay!
  • edited January 2008
    Took 'em long enough. Did they have to walk to Telltale's office and back to get it? :p
  • edited January 2008
    Beta!? Aw man :(. I downloaded it early this morning; I should've played it a little then (the "Play" option is currently replaced with "Update").

Oh well. I'm just happy the new episode is avaliable. Looking forward to playing it tomorrow! :D (assuming another storm doesn't come around and take out the power again...)
  • edited January 2008

Dammit, you stole the original poster's thunder.
  • edited January 2008
    its not up on gametap.. they have a different verson up, but it is still not the proper one... some can play it, others cannot
  • edited January 2008
    It still isn't up?? That is quite odd, because it shoudn't be that hard to replace a beta version with the newer one??
  • edited January 2008
    i have no idea whats going on... they have "something" up that is about 96MB in size.. apperantly a version of the game, but when you try to start it... it crashes immediately (must be curropted or something)

you get a "sammax202.exe has stopped working" error
  • edited January 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    i have no idea whats going on... they have "something" up that is about 96MB in size.. apperantly a version of the game, but when you try to start it... it crashes immediately (must be curropted or something)

you get a "sammax202.exe has stopped working" error

I just downloaded on my end...they have put up the retail build of 202.
  • edited January 2008
    WOOHOO!

laurel_hardy_dance2.gif

*downloads*
  • edited January 2008
    just got off with customer support... the broken version is still up, this is what you are downloading, but it has been disabled and is not playable
  • edited January 2008
    D'oh!

I had my suspicions just now when it said it was downloading something like 11756559156 GB of data....
  • edited January 2008
    oh no.. that happened to you too... QUICK you need to unplug your computer and throw it in a tub of ice water, or it will explode
  • edited January 2008
    just got off with customer support... the broken version is still up, this is what you are downloading, but it has been disabled and is not playable

On my end (I'm a beta tester for GameTap), and on that service, they have the retail version of Sam and Max 202 up.
  • edited January 2008
    that explains.... everything, they mixed up the versions
  • edited January 2008
    @Dangerzone: Haha, but my 360 is already in there! *rimshot*
  • edited January 2008
    that explains.... everything, they mixed up the versions

This is very odd indeed, from them putting a beta on retail to begin with...
    ShaggE wrote: »
    D'oh!

I had my suspicions just now when it said it was downloading something like 11756559156 GB of data....

That must be a general Gametap bug, because I had that when downloading the retail build as well.....
  • edited January 2008
    Shouldn't they remove the game from the "New" list for now? People will only get more and more confused.

Or is it "moai and moai confused.*
  • edited January 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Shouldn't they remove the game from the "New" list for now? People will only get more and more confused.

Or is it "moai and moai confused.*

*Shrug*
  • edited January 2008
    I am too trained!
  • edited January 2008
    Que?
  • edited January 2008
    Drum roll please! *drum roll in backround*Sam & Max Season 2 episode 2:"Moai better blues" is officaily downloadable on GameTap! :D
  • edited January 2008
    Darn you SloppyJimbo this is my thred i say when its truely ready to download (witch it is)
  • edited January 2008
    Odd, the version I downloaded seemed complete. Didn't have any of the issues that the beta had.
  • edited January 2008
    Odd, the version I downloaded seemed complete. Didn't have any of the issues that the beta had.
    obviusly because you
    stole my thunder
Sign in to comment in this discussion.