I'm gonna be "that" guy and post this

edited January 2013 in Game Support
I've gotta say, this is kinda pathetic. I am unable to play the season finale that is raved about everywhere I look because Telltale has yet to fix a bug that has been here since episode 2.

As some of you may or may not be aware, there is a huge bug that causes your saved game files to not be read. So all of your saves are there....But can't be accessed.

There's been several workarounds put out by people having the problem, but none of them are working anymore. The file that reads the saves is updating automatically when I change it so I can't even fix it myself now.

I'd post this thread in support, but Telltale is too busy receiving awards to glance at the place. So now me and several, possibly hundreds or thousands with this problem get to sit around and wait for a fix for a problem that hasn't even been acknowledged by Telltale.

This is probably going to get moved because they don't want people to think Telltale isn't perfect, but at least don't pretend this isn't a big problem.

From this ex-fan to the developers: Stop patting yourself on the back and finish your job, or give me and everyone else a full refund.

I paid for The Walking Dead the video game, not 4 episodes, a cliff-hanger, and 2 months of mind-numbing frustration with people I don't even know.

Rant = Over

Fix your game.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    dude, i've been complaining about that bug since episode 2 as well. i lost all my saves twice.
  • edited December 2012
    Works fine for me. On PC and my Playstation.
  • edited December 2012
    I don't think this is the correct forum to voice your concerns. This thread provides links to the various technical support forums where i think your problem can be better addressed. Just because this area is more popular doesn't mean it will get the problem solved any quicker.
  • edited December 2012
    Mornai wrote: »
    I don't think this is the correct forum to voice your concerns. This thread provides links to the various technical support forums where i think your problem can be better addressed. Just because this area is more popular doesn't mean it will get the problem solved any quicker.

"Better addressed".

ha.

"Your save files are corrupted and probably not recoverable, look for a workaround"

^Telltale's only comment and fix

Maybe if they realize that this is actually a PROBLEM and work to solve it, they won't be recognized as the single worst customer support group as of this year. (They're winning out over Ubisoft, that's an accomplishment)
  • edited December 2012
    Do you run your games in administrative mode?
  • edited December 2012
    Tyrant wrote: »
    Works fine for me. On PC and my Playstation.

Sometimes, just for fun, I like to barge into a cancer ward and scream "I DONT HAVE CANCER, BITCHES!"
  • edited December 2012
    Sometimes, just for fun, I like to barge into a cancer ward and scream "I DONT HAVE CANCER, BITCHES!"

Lol.
  • edited December 2012
    Would also like to know how to fix this problem.. Cannot load any of my saves, only played an hour of the game.. Dont want to start over and just lose them again
  • edited January 2013
    Don't replace prefs.prop inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\the walking dead\Pack\default, delete it.

The problem is usually caused by re-installing the game, or performing a verify on your game cache via Steam, which replaces prefs.prop with a default/blank file.

Deleting the file causes it to use the prefs.prop stored with your saves, rather than the Walking Dead game directory.

If that fails to work, copy the prefs.prop file from your saves directory into your game directory. (but you shouldn't have to do that)

If you no longer have your original prefs.prop from your saves directory, then you might be in trouble.
  • edited January 2013
    Same problem here. And I'm very disappointed in Telltale because this would be a great game if it worked without having to screw around with it for hours before trying to play!
This discussion has been closed.