202, i don't know...

2»

Comments

• NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    all I can say to the people who are getting bored is: The best is definitely yet to come. There is greatness yet to be seen
  • edited January 2008
    Does anyone else picture Nick with blonde hair? I dunno why I brought that up, but it felt right.
  • edited January 2008
    tobar wrote: »
    Does anyone else picture Nick with blonde hair? I dunno why I brought that up, but it felt right.

I always pictured Nick like this young rapscallion:

t7gwgy.png
  • edited January 2008
    That's actually the double who makes public appearances on Nick's behalf.
  • edited January 2008
    NickTTG wrote: »
    all I can say to the people who are getting bored is: The best is definitely yet to come. There is greatness yet to be seen

And all i ask myself then is "What are you waiting for then and why isn't it happening yet?!"
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    taumel wrote: »
    And all i ask myself then is "What are you waiting for then and why isn't it happening yet?!"

I don't think we're waiting for anything? We're finishing 204 right now, and a chunk of the team is even done with their contribution to 205. Or were you implying something like "why are you releasing these episodes that I'm not that into when you're claiming you are capable of making stuff that might be better than what I've already played?" If that's what you're implying... then err I don't really know what to say? It's not like we decide "okay, let's do a couple episodes that taumel won't like first, and then we'll do some he might appreciate more," in secret strategy meetings. I'm pretty sure that with every Sam & Max episode the team is trying to do something good, new, and fresh, and to improve on the previous episode. People don't set out to make bad things. I think a lot of people are under this misconception. It's weird.

All of that said, you still might not like them. I mean, who knows? It would be weird to promise something like that. I think 203-205 are going to be some of the most solid work Telltale's done, but in the end it will still be three new Sam & Max episodes, and if those aren't doing it for you at this point, they may continue to not do it for you. We'll see, I guess!
  • edited January 2008
    Well, let's just wait and see but i think i made my points very clear what in my opinion isn't working well with the games released so far, in both aspects a) the episodic format generally and b) how the episodes are done.

I understand Season 1 as a testride for both sides and reintroducing people to adventures (although there were quite some adventures doing well again before) but i miss that we now get to the point were this all turns into real fun, makes useage of the potential which lies within and also learns from the errors made in Season 1.

Anyway hoping for the best!
  • edited January 2008
    You know when figuring out that
    "entering-Stinky's-as-kids"
    part, I thought in the line of
    "training the triangle", as Bosco said earlier -- perhaps a geometrical object can command it to "go nostalgic for the 60s" and head for the jukebox in Stinky's. Perhaps the red paint can distract Stinky so that I can find that object. Perhaps had I persevered I could have stumbled on the real solution.
    Oh well.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    I always pictured Nick like this young rapscallion:

t7gwgy.png

ya except now I'm a hardened vet of the video department who's lost a lust for life and just shells out corporate videos. I remember my rapscallion days well... all i got left is my memories. plus... i shaved my head so that picture is soooo 2007
  • edited February 2008
    Is Nick your nick, or is nick your name... Nick? Or perhaps the other way around...
    Anyway, that would've been a good nick, Nick, I mean, because it could be nick but it's also a Nick name... eh... or something.

Anyway, I always imagined you with some psyched out color on your hair - like green or yellow, or red...
  • edited February 2008
    Yeah, Sam and Max is getting really boring. Here's a few pointers:
    • Less dialogue, more explosions.
    • Less inventory items, more shooting.
    • Less walking around, more running over pedestrians.
    • Less portals, more of an open-ended world.
    • Less puzzles, more killing others.
    • Less adventure, more GTA-clone.

Jim Ward doesn't care about adventure games. Why should you? (tagline on the new poster)
  • edited February 2008
    MrSneeze wrote: »
    Yeah, Sam and Max is getting really boring.

Omg, I wasn't able to tell if you were being sarcastic or honest. That's the first time that ever happened :eek:

But, yeah, I hope this next episode(that comes on Wednesday, me thinks) will be a lot better than the two first episodes. The gameplay video did little for me, though, so I don't have too high expectations. The trailer was nice, though, although the concept seems a bit boring(without judging it too much before I actually play the next episode). After this episode it's only 2 episodes left... so if the third one isn't awesome, it means the total weight of the season will lean towards just ok or a bit boring.

I though I was getting sick of sam & max, because I had to push myself to finish the second episode and the first one I had to push myself to finish the last half of. But perhaps it's not just me who thinks the quality is falling, or perhaps the latest episodes are made in a way that only hardcore sam & max fans can enjoy them. At least I don't enjoy the first episodes that much, a tad boring, yawn.
  • edited February 2008
    I figure if I giggle a little, laugh out loud a few times, and absolutely p*ss myself laughing at least once an episode, then it's definitely worthwhile.

And every episode (S1 and 2) so far has done just this :)
  • edited February 2008
    marsan wrote: »
    Omg, I wasn't able to tell if you were being sarcastic or honest. That's the first time that ever happened :eek:

I thought the Jim Ward reference was a dead giveaway!
  • edited February 2008
    I dunno, but I got this idea of maybe starting a season with a full-length game and following that with 5 episodes. That's something I'd really like! :D
  • edited February 2008
    I thought the Jim Ward reference was a dead giveaway!

perhaps it would have been, if I knew who he was ;)
  • edited February 2008
    marsan wrote: »
    perhaps it would have been, if I knew who he was ;)

:eek:
  • edited February 2008
    :eek:

Maybe that was some sarcasm back? Maybe not.
  • edited February 2008
    I like how it says "and such original games like Mercenaries." Mercenaries! Original! Lucasarts has hit a new all time low. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.