Extra Item in Episode 202 (spoilers)

edited January 2008 in Sam & Max
Having just finished Episode 202, I was wondering what the purpose of acquiring Lou, the bowling ball was all about. I didn't end up using it in any puzzles, and it didn't appear to be intended as a humorous object like Max's Sock Crown. I'm wondering... was this the leftovers of a removed puzzle?

Comments

• BrendanBrendan Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Nope, just a throwaway joke since everything that has ever gone missing showed up on Easter Island. Except the boxing glove...?
  • edited January 2008
    For me it was just another item that I kept trying to stick through the
    triangles
    . :D
  • edited January 2008
    Heh, yes. I was hoping to
    stick Max through the triangles to appear on that distant island, or to both go through it in kid mode
    . I did a lot of overthinking on those
    triangles
    About the boxing glove, it might not even exist anymore, if you follow the most convoluted of the three consistent interpretations of that
    time loop
    I can think of. More likely it'll show up somewhere around the office, though.
  • edited January 2008
    I'm not exactly questioning WHY Lou was there, as I can understand the joke of Lou appearing on the island. What bugs me is why the bowling ball is an actual inventory item. It just seems like it'd make more sense if Sam and Max saw it and commented on it, rather than picked it up and allowed you to try and figure out what it's for.
  • edited January 2008
    I was personally hoping to find
    the other two shapes that Bosco said would work on the triangle... I demand a 50's-nostalgic shape! :p
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    I'm not exactly questioning WHY Lou was there, as I can understand the joke of Lou appearing on the island. What bugs me is why the bowling ball is an actual inventory item. It just seems like it'd make more sense if Sam and Max saw it and commented on it, rather than picked it up and allowed you to try and figure out what it's for.

For what it's worth, for a year and a half, people have been begging for some red herring inventory items. So here one is. :)
  • edited January 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    For what it's worth, for a year and a half, people have been begging for some red herring inventory items. So here one is. :)

What, like the weasel on a stick? :p
  • edited January 2008
    I was wondering why Lou was in the cave. And the perpus of the Sock crown.
    edited January 2008
    Anvilania wrote: »
    And the perpus of the Sock crown.

to be fun!
  • edited January 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    I was personally hoping to find
    the other two shapes that Bosco said would work on the triangle... I demand a 50's-nostalgic shape! :p

Yes, I, too, was eagerly hoping that
    I could send a triangle to sit in it's mum's basement and draw pictures of dungeons :D
    Not that I knew what
    an icosahedron
    looked like if I ever saw one. Yes, I'm simple.

Where can I buy a sock crown? That's trendy. Oh, but I couldn't wear it, anyhow.
  • edited January 2008
    Not that I knew what
    an icosahedron
    looked like if I ever saw one.

Well think of something that people use a lot when they play pen and paper rpgs

Hint:
    d20
  • edited January 2008
    Brendan wrote: »
    Nope, just a throwaway joke since everything that has ever gone missing showed up on Easter Island. Except the boxing glove...?

Hey, yeah! Why wasn't my missing boxing glove on Easter Island? I'm starting to get separation anxiety without it!
  • edited January 2008
    The boxing glove is
    is stuck in a time loop. Sam and Max stole it from Present Jimmy to give to Past Jimmy which he used to fight in the boxing tournament. After his defeat Sam and Max stole it from him to give to the past him to use in the tournament. After his loss...
    Well you get the picture. :)

Unless something comes in or happens
    to break the loop
    we'll
    probably never see it again. Unless he buys another one.
  • edited January 2008
    That is the most obvious interpretation, but then
    there must be two boxing gloves, since there is one in the office in 101
    . So then there is
    still a boxing glove left unaccounted for
  • edited January 2008
    But the one in
    the office in 101 is the same one. I think it was implied in 201 that either the glove was Jimmy's all along but Sam and Max would steal it from him every now and then or that the Glove was Max's but Jimmy would take it.

So I think there's only the 1 glove.
  • edited January 2008
    It can't be. Not if
    it only exists from 103 to 201. Christmas Past was during 103, not pre-101.
  • edited January 2008
    Okay after a quick reload of 101 and 104 (to confirm that the one in 101 was right handed and where they got in in 104) It MAY be posible
    IF the one that they picked up in 104 is the one that they gave Jimmy in the Chrsitmas Past ine. After all it WAS near the pond Jimmy was floating in. Thing is IF it IS indeed the one from 201 how did Jimmy find the other between 104 and 201. But at the same time, why would the glove that Max had in 101 be at the White House....

God I hate time travel....

edit: I know
    Christmas Past was in 103, but when I said that I wasstill in the thinking that there was no way that normal time stream Sam and Max's paths couldn't intersect w/ the future glove at no point at all (assuming Jimmy would keep the glove in his hole at all times after getting it back) but then I remebered where they "found" it in 104)
  • edited January 2008
    Here's another consistent interpretation:
    Glove A exists in Sam & Max' possession from the start.
    During 103, glove B gets delivered to Jimmy from the future. Somewhere around this time Sam & Max misplace glove A.
    In 104, Sam steals glove B, not noticing the difference. Soon after, Jimmy finds glove A lying somewhere around the office, also not noticing the difference.
    In 201, Sam & Max steal glove A and send it back in time (thereby turning it into glove B). The current whereabouts of glove B remain unaccounted for.
    edited January 2008
    Season three is writing itself.
  • edited January 2008

Sam & Max: The Pursuit of the Glove
  • edited January 2008
    What surprised me was that in episode 201 Sam and Max were inside a volcano and escaped using Santas sleigh. I thought this would of slipped its way into 202

You'll have to highlight text....not sure how to hide it :p
  • edited January 2008
    it's [ spoiler ]text[ /spoiler ] w/o the spaces
  • edited January 2008

:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • edited January 2008
    While I realy like the time-paralel discussions and their inherent paradoxality. You people are forgetting that Max use the/a Boxingglove in 106 to
    smack the world population out of the hypnosise caused by Hugh Bliss, therefor one of the several boxinggloves can be at any given location on Earth or the Moon
  • edited January 2008
    maybe Lou will be used in the next episode
  • edited January 2008
    but what if i didn't pick it up during 202? will it still be present during the next episode? hmm...would be nice to have some kind of bonus puzzle that can only be solved with lou if you did indeed aquire it in moai better blues. the decals are carried to the next episode so why not inventory items?
  • edited January 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    but what if i didn't pick it up during 202? will it still be present during the next episode? hmm...would be nice to have some kind of bonus puzzle that can only be solved with lou if you did indeed aquire it in moai better blues. the decals are carried to the next episode so why not inventory items?
    Maybe a bowling minigame? That would be pretty cool, I guess.
  • edited January 2008
    Marty wrote: »
    maybe Lou will be used in the next episode

lou and the glove are actually being set up to be the main villains of season three. shhh, don't tell anyone, it's a secret.
  • edited January 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    That's what I am wondering about.
  • edited January 2008
    it's important for a quest to have useless items.
    the book is a good example also. info-only item.
    lou can eb useful in the next game... but I think overall it's great to have a lot of items, that not all of them has uses.
  • edited January 2008
    Hey, yeah! Why wasn't my missing boxing glove on Easter Island? I'm starting to get separation anxiety without it!
    Uh Are you the Real Max or just someone who likes Max so much you want to act like him in diffrent ways so its like Max was posting on this site?
    Uh anyway I wonder since you give the boxing glove to Jimmy you'll see Timmy Two-Teeth in later episodes
  • edited January 2008
    Uh Are you the Real Max or just someone who likes Max so much you want to act like him in diffrent ways so its like Max was posting on this site?

I know him personally, and it's the latter. He likes to role-play as Max, and I usually roleplay with him as Sam and act out bizarre cases over instant messengers.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    And the perpus of the Sock crown.
    to be fun!

ya... i was way excited when we got that in. That was totally something we just put in for its awesomeness, and I'm not feeling much love from the forums. Where is the "OMG Crown O' Socks R0x0rz" thread?
  • edited January 2008
    I liked the Sock Crown!
  • edited January 2008
    me too, but it's not exactly giving me sleepless nights or anything...
  • edited January 2008
    I know him personally, and it's the latter. He likes to role-play as Max, and I usually roleplay with him as Sam and act out bizarre cases over instant messengers.
    o
    k then forget i asked
Sign in to comment in this discussion.