[202] DNE reference ? (slightly spoily)

edited January 2008 in Sam & Max
Hi there, i haven't finish the game now, but when we're in the cave, we can see crates with a guy holding guns printed on it, with "D N E" written on it.

This guy looks like a Black haired version of Duke Nukem, and, i guess DNE means "Duke Nukem Ever" ^^ haha!

Comments

• edited January 2008
    Yes, and there is a fully-playable beta of Sam and Max: Freelance Police in there as well. ;)
  • edited January 2008
    DNE usually stands for "Does not exist."
  • edited January 2008
    Sorry but as you can see, english is not my mother tongue ^^ i thought "Duke Nukem Ever" was more plausible & funny :D
  • edited January 2008
    Seems more sensible to me as well. Also, I've only seen "DNE" used to mean "Do Not Erase" (e.g. on a chalkboard). I guess you can argue both ways, but I'm pretty sure the guy on the box was meant to be a tribute to Duke.
  • edited January 2008
    Yes, it is quite clear that's supposed to be a reference to the long delayed, thought to never surface again Duke Nukem Forever game (or DNF) for short. :)

Unfortunately Telltale never account for the out-of-the-blue (maybe) revival of the project. Heck nobody saw it coming. I'd be surprised if even the employees at 3D realms knew that it was still being worked on. ;)
  • edited January 2008
    3D Realms still working on DNF, and in December 2007 they realesed a new trailer of DNF :
    http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=cWuteFLUPSY

enjoy ^^
  • edited January 2008
    It amuses me that in the time Duke Nukem Forever has been in development, one Sam & Max game was started and abandoned; and eight more have been created and released.
  • edited January 2008
    It amuses/infuriates me more that in all that time, their most recent trailer is just a teaser trailer with no in-game footage.
  • edited January 2008
    Mel_O_Die wrote: »
    3D Realms still working on DNF, and in December 2007 they realesed a new trailer of DNF :
    http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=cWuteFLUPSY

enjoy ^^

If that was directed at me: I know already hence my "Unfortunately Telltale never account for the out-of-the-blue (maybe) revival of the project."

But thanls anyway. :D
  • edited January 2008
    this is something the whole game industry seems to be joking about at the moment. a friend of mine is working for a rather big game company up in canada and he told me everyone they hire has already been working on dnf or at least knows somebody that did..
  • edited January 2008
    I thought it was an E at first but I thought it was an F when I looked closer.
  • edited January 2008
    I'm pretty sure it's DNE and not DNF:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=160

It may be part of some obscure joke. I find it really suspicious none of the TTG staff have commented yet. They're probably in their fancy office laughing their asses of at our expense. ;)
  • edited January 2008
    Looks like the Duke to me... but it might also be a Bad Dude :P

BadDudes1.gif
  • edited January 2008
    Hmm...

2ccac860cac5870bb4ef7c37e5c22734.jpg
  • edited January 2008
    I liked the line associated with them: "Crates of video games about crates." So true.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.