This is serious: Max face image illegaly used in snack promotion?

2»

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Here's side-by-side comparisons...the fake looks a lot like Max, except it's ears are closer together and is has larger eyes. There's no way the mouth is that similar by coincidence. The shape of the nose and the ears are also the same. I bet the guy who made it had Max in the back of his head, but in the end just a cheap knockoff of the real Max, like how Mr. Sparkle was like Homer in the Simpsons.

DSC05757.jpg

g295.jpg
  • edited February 2008
    If one wants to be nitpicky about it, the teeth on the sticker is reversed when compared to Max; Max's middle teeth is on the top while on the sticker, it is on the bottom. Also, the shape of the head on the sticker is more like a sphere than an oval.

I think this is all a coincidence since it isn't like Steve Purcell patient that style of teeth.
  • edited February 2008
    Raider wrote: »
    About the shark teeth, well i dont know how dificult could be figure out things. Several years before i designed a own story in which main characters we could find 2 mechs: Otora y Turok. That was back in 1995 -1996, was my first personal story... Some years after i saw a video game named TUROK, about a barbarian in a RPG-action world.
    Can you imagine my reaction at that time? I think some kind of situations are coincidences like this example.... From that point i notice that is just a matter of time that some things we think are original can be figured out by someone else... because we can be influenced by the same things...visually in my case..

That might be possible since you could have probably seen the cover of Truok somewhere before and didn't remember much about it; what I mean is that Turok was originally a comicbook that was made in 1954 (according to Wiki,) but received mainstream popularity when it was made into a game during the mid 90s'.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    The fake one looks kind of like Max when his ears are done incorrectly, but, really, what can you do?
  • edited February 2008
    It looks nothing like max, Max is white and this rabit you've found is black ;)
  • edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    The fake one looks kind of like Max when his ears are done incorrectly, but, really, what can you do?

Yeah, that was one of the things that bugged me about the Freelance Police promo video. Max's incorrectly arranged ears, and the way his maw looked far too... off. It's hard to describe but that portrayal of his mouth never sat well with me. I think it looks much more true to his character (and Steve Purcell's drawings) in the Telltale series and the television show.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, that was one of the things that bugged me about the Freelance Police promo video. Max's incorrectly arranged ears, and the way his maw looked far too... off. It's hard to describe but that portrayal of his mouth never sat well with me. I think it looks much more true to his character (and Steve Purcell's drawings) in the Telltale series and the television show.

yea! It's like Telltale's version is, like... better
  • edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »

Burn.
  • edited February 2008
    Well, why don't you just say it.....

F**K YOU LUCASARTS! :D
  • edited February 2008
    I'm sure Telltale would never make Max's ears look like that.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »

touche...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Haha snap!
  • edited February 2008
    The way I see it, look at it at a glance and it's Max. No 2 ways about it. Of course to see it that way you have to be knowledgeable of the character to begin with, which, unfortunatly, not everyone is. :/
  • edited February 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »

(Sorry, this is off-topic but you reminded me...can anyone give me a link to the Sybil design sheet, if its posted anywhere? We saw Steve at CCI '06 when he showed us these character sheets for Telltale, and I'd like to see Sybil's again. I'd appreciate it. Thanks. :) )
  • edited February 2008
    Molokov wrote: »

Yes thank you. :) Again, sorry for being OT.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.