Old School S&M

edited January 2008 in Sam & Max
Dear eager to answer forum folks.

I'm not to sure if this has been answered before but I'm lazy and did not bother to search. Is there any patches available to let me play the old Lucas Arts Sam & Max game on my Vista PC machine?????????

Your Naked friend..

Bornnaked

Comments

• edited January 2008
    You could try ScummVM? http://www.scummvm.org/

It gets all the old LucasArts adventures working, and a few from other companies as well.
  • edited January 2008
    Thanks a bunch fellow Sam and max gamer! Pondering over this site also reminded me about the good old days of Dos games.... With alittle enginuity, I found dosbox.com for a great emulator download for those old dusty games.

Thanks for the life altering knowledge!

Bornnaked
  • edited January 2008
    I wouldn't know i don't realy have it sorry my tip just listen to the other posters (*chuckles quietly* I said "Posters")

Unrelated thing:
    Anyone want to hear a joke that ends in a pun?
    Ok A bunch of old people were at a bingo contest. One guy has only on thing left (in this joke the pun doesn't need to be called as in real bingo). The caller says "The next one called is..." the old guy with one left says " Is it:2B or not 2B"

Get it?
  • edited January 2008
    Yay, puns! ^^

Hmm, back on subject...

I got a copy of Hit the road (and DOTT with it) a while back, which cost a mere 50p. I ran it and it ran well, except for the lack of sound. So I decided to see how it'd work on my friend's older PC, and since it worked better on his I let him keep it.

Then I found out about DosBox XD

Thankfully said buddy is going to be giving me it back, so I'll have a chance at trying out DosBox ^^

Can't think of a good reason not to love old-school S&M :D
  • edited January 2008
    ChazFox wrote: »
    Yay, puns! ^^
    I hear that! I love puns!
  • MelMel
    edited January 2008
    SCUMMVm is so much easier than DOSBox though. I think it would be the preferred way to run the game, especially since it's the emulator for the actual engine used to make Hit the Road.
  • edited January 2008
    That's a good point. I'll give SCUMMVm a shot first then. :D
  • edited January 2008
    ScummVM wins in my book. For all those games that it's made for.
    But DOSBox is great for everything else that needs a DOS emulator.
  • edited January 2008
    scummvm is the win.
  • edited January 2008
    Scummvm has an option to smooth all the edges so it looks a little better too.
  • edited January 2008
    one day that program will run ALL dos games... common are you with me!.. darn...
  • edited January 2008
    Alright, got my game back today and installed ScummVM. Runs like a dream ^^
  • edited January 2008
    Not that it' needed but my support is for scummvm as well, not only does it look better it has a port so I can play all the old games on my psp.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.