Sam & Max Kids spin-off, please!

edited January 2008 in Sam & Max
Who else would like to see a spin-off product featuring Sam & Max as kids?

A full season or even a just a single episode would be awesome. What about a new gaming type or even a S&M series directed towards younger audiences (ie.. Humongous Entertainment)?

The possibilities are endless, but for now I'll be satisfied with a Machinima Short ;)

Comments

• edited January 2008
    meelWORM wrote: »
    a S&M series directed towards younger audiences

I don't think Sam & Max humour works well with kids. Sure it's got a Dog and a rabbit running around, but in the end I think they would just become disspointed and or bored after awhile.

3156.gif

Besides, they were never mean't for child audiences and should never again be fit into that mold.
  • edited January 2008
    episode: maybe.
    season: no.
  • edited January 2008
    they where cute and funny as kids, but i don't think a whole episode as kids would work very well
  • edited January 2008
    Although I thought that they were ADORABLE as kids and would love to see them in that form again, I don't think it would work as an entire season. Maybe an episode or machinima short, as a couple people have stated, but unfortuntely I fear that the fact that they are kids for a whole season may turn off potiental new fans (even though we all well know that Telltale wouldn't "water-down" the series' usual grotesque humor if that happened, as we saw in Maoi Blues).

As for a spin-off series aimed towards kids, no. Just....no.
  • edited January 2008
    What I would really like to see is a Soda Poppers spin-off. I love those guys!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    I don't think Sam & Max humour works well with kids.

It wouldn't have to be the exact same humor, you can tone it down for kids without changing it completely. That's what they did with the animated series... they weren't allowed to show guns or use certain language, so they maintained the Sam & Max feel by dialing up the weirdness factor instead.

And hey, as a kid I used to love the Muppet Babies even though I thought the Muppet Show was boring as hell. :D
  • edited January 2008
    mikew wrote: »

No, No, No :eek::eek:
  • edited January 2008
    mikew wrote: »

Haha! I love the Soda Poppers, too! But unfortunately, their characters are better-suited to be on the receiving end of ridicule, rather than be heroes themselves. But then again, there's also Roger Wilco of the Space Quest series. Throughout those games, the narrator made fun of him every chance he got (and when it was voiced by Gary Owens... pure humorous bliss!). Perhaps the same could be done to the Soda Poppers?
  • edited January 2008
    I wouldn't mind a Sam and Max Kids spin-off episode and/or short. They were just so percouscious and cute.
  • edited January 2008
    no no no, yes they were cute but come on!!!! The sam and max humor would not be the same, although... If max was just as crazy as a child then I'd love to see baby max hold a gun randomly shooting out the window.

PS.Sam's shirt... come on. LQTM
  • edited January 2008
    I must have fired my gun for hours (metaphorically speaking) just to hear Sam make those noises. Oh how I laughed and as my mother walked by she watched, listened and thought I was insane!
  • edited January 2008
    I'd like to see a Soda Poppers short recreating their original 70's show.
  • edited January 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I'd like to see a Soda Poppers short recreating their original 70's show.

JERKS!! You made me mess up! I can see you! Time out for number one!
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    Or Brady Culture's show... not!
  • edited January 2008
    JERKS!! You made me mess up! I can see you! Time out for number one!
    yeah, that's like 98% of the script there. Add the laugh track, aaaaaand done!
  • edited January 2008
    well maybe if there's like, anouther portal to the past you take the part as
    Sam & Max as kids for like that entire part, and then after you figure out the entire puzzle you leave and never return.....(unless you use debug mode)
  • edited January 2008
    Seeing them as kids in 202 was great but I'd prefer to leave it as a "Woah! That was unexpected!" rather than milking a series out of it. Let it be a nice one off. :rolleyes:
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    Let them have it around season 20, when Telltale runs out of ideas but continues to milk the cash cow...
    Hey, maybe Telltale should ask Matt Groening for pointers... he certainly knows how *** cough *** simpsons *** cough ***
Sign in to comment in this discussion.