Star Trek On-Line cancelled

edited January 2008 in General Chat
http://tobolds.blogspot.com/2008/01/star-trek-online-cancelled.html

Ok, I wasn't particularly interested in this game, but the sad things is that Mike Stemmle (Sam & Max Hit The Road, Escape From Monkey Island, the cancelled Sam & Max Freelance Police) was the lead writer on that. I mean... he's a talented guy, but Lady Luck isn't exactly on his side... :(
I do really hope that Telltale Games will contact him if he is available now. ;)

Comments

• edited January 2008
    Well there's rumors going around Cryptic Studios (the people who created City of Heroes) has picked up the liscence. But that's just a rumor. So far anyway.

edit: here's a thread from the CoH boards

Again. Just noting that this aspect of it is a RUMOR. Nothing confirmed/said offical by cryptic themselves yet.

edit 2: direct link to article mentioned in thread.
  • edited January 2008
    stemmle to telltale please
  • edited January 2008
    yea... star trek.. online.. if only the net was made 10 years earlier. Im sooo with whoever pulled this game off line :P hhhaaazaa.. one less horrid mmo down 900 to go!
  • edited January 2008
    Kaldire wrote: »
    yea... star trek.. online.. if only the net was made 10 years earlier. Im sooo with whoever pulled this game off line :P hhhaaazaa.. one less horrid mmo down 900 to go!

I dunno, it could be fun. I'm not a Trekkie by any means, mind you, but I'd love to play as the Borg and/or wage a personal war on Tribbles.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.