Did anyone else wonder about that time Paradox?

edited January 2008 in Sam & Max
Sam & Max took Mary to the future and left Jimmy and Timmy alone but she's in the present with Jimmy now and they have no son. Weird huh.

Comments

• edited January 2008
    uh... no he was there. Don't you remember a certain line. God "Bleep" us everyone
  • edited January 2008
    wasn't that for the boxing glove?
  • edited January 2008
    He clearly succumbed to his Tourette's between those two events. After all, Sam & Max is sad

that or he was inside the house or possibly the robot
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    Or finally getting the life saving operation Mary talked about...
  • edited January 2008
    There is no time paradox.
    In 201, S&M return to 103 to give the boxing glove back to Jimmy, who presumably then launches his short-lived boxing career and made enough money to cure his son. Jimmy's sporting stardom comes to an end, however, when he goes to the White House "for a little R&R", foolishly leaving the glove by the poolside for Max to pick up. S&M keep the glove throughout the rest of season 1, and Jimmy probably retrieves his glove between 106 and 201.

All along Jimmy's wife is not in sight, and Jimmy thinks she's just left (that's why he is suicidal). Their son is presumably undergoing speech rehab?
  • edited January 2008
    The paradox here is this: Typed out plainly:
    Jimmy lost his lucky glove. Without it, he couldn't have a boxing career. Sam & Max gave him a glove, and through it a career in boxing. They got the glove from Jimmy because he was boxing. It's the same glove. Where does it coommmme frooommmm? OooohwoooooOOOoooooo.
  • edited January 2008
    This has been dealt with in another topic. One glove was right-handed and the other one left-handed :D!
  • edited January 2008
    That can't be the case, though, because they get the glove that they give to Jimmy...from Jimmy.
  • edited January 2008
    acculy time paradox only happens when 2+ (2 or more) people go trice the speed of light. wich would make on of the men never to be born.
  • edited January 2008
    unsilviu wrote: »
    This has been dealt with in another topic. One glove was right-handed and the other one left-handed :D!

Nope, I checked In both 101 and 104 the gloves are right handed. So was the one in 201. And I'm pretty sure the glove in the end credits of 106 was right-handed as well.

And sure
    the glove Sam and Max picked up in 104 is the more than likely one that sam and max gave to Jimmy in 201 (103 time frame) BUT what happened to the one from 101 (the one Max said he lost when they found the one in 104).

It can't be the one from 101 because Sam and Max haven't been to Washington D.C. between 101 and 104 ao why would Max lose the glove from 101 there? Yet where did Jimmy get the glove he used in 201 if Max took it back (unknowingly) in 104? Even if Jimmy found the 101 glove and used it it leaves the question where the glove sam and max stole back from Jimmy in 104 currently is.
  • edited January 2008
    Yes, that's pretty much what I said earlier.
  • edited January 2008
    Which pretty much was the same thing I said/implied in this post. :p
  • edited January 2008
    The way I see it, the glove was in two places at once because of the quantum effect. The quantum effect states that an object can be in two places at the same time. It’s a lot more complex then that but you don’t need to bother yourself with that unless you really want to know. PM me if you want to know more about the quantum effect.
  • MelMel
    edited January 2008
    This is becoming very meta.
  • edited January 2008
    I'm more curious to know if that bit with Sam & Max getting saved by themselves will come up again in a later adventure.
  • edited January 2008
    I'm more curious to know if that bit with Sam & Max getting saved by themselves will come up again in a later adventure.

Hopefully it'll come up in this season.
  • edited January 2008
    im guessing that satan send them to hell and thats where they are in the future s+m .
  • edited January 2008
    Masta23 wrote: »
    im guessing that satan send them to hell and thats where they are in the future s+m .

Yeah, I suspect that Satan might have something to with it all too.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.