Thanks folks!

HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
edited December 2005 in General Chat
Yes, we are extremely excited with the line-up of material we have to work with, and very happy that our fans are excited too!

Thanks for all the congratulations and well-wishes. Sam and Max: Hit the Road is a favorite of a huge portion of the team, and you can just put any fears behind you of us doing it justice.

As for wondering if there's a dark side in the company that will be able to put the right amount of depravity into CSI, well....All I have to say is that you haven't been in meetings with Mai, Brian or the Gregs. (I don't fear much. Sometimes they scare me.)

I think you will also find the next installment of Bone to be very enjoyable. It is coming along brilliantly, and I can't wait to have it in front of all you wonderful people.

Thanks to all of you who have stuck with us from the beginning and also to those who have more recently found us. We are really picking up steam here at Telltale, and your posts are helping to keep us driving down the right track.

(That was almost a Dan worthy metaphor -- too bad it wasn't funnier.)

Comments

• edited November 2005
    hey Heather thanks for the communication with the fans, I've enjoyed your blogs and posts.. with the expansion of the team will that mean some of you will be forced over the blue line now :D
  • edited November 2005
    "Sam and Max: Hit the Road is a favorite of a huge portion of the team, and you can just put any fears behind you of us doing it justice."

You make me feel warm and fuzzy like a fur coat in a blender made of fire! :)

I think some companies are trying to take adventure gaming and change it into something it's not, and as long as you guys & gals stay true to what we loved so much about the old adventure games you'll continue to produce winners.

While Sam & Max isn't my favorite game (Grim Fandango steals that place in my heart), it's certainly on the list.

It's gonna rule.

Lookin' forward to Bone's installments as well. :)
  • edited December 2005
    the only thing that telltale has to do now is tell me that they're going to continue the adventure genre in the form of games that are like day of the tenticle and indiana jones and the fate of atlantis, or awesome games like space quest or kings quest. Those rocked!

please tell me so... oh please.. :)
  • edited December 2005
    the only thing that telltale has to do now is tell me that they're going to continue the adventure genre in the form of games that are like day of the tenticle and indiana jones and the fate of atlantis, or awesome games like space quest or kings quest. Those rocked!

please tell me so... oh please.. :)

If you are talking about adventure games with immersive stories, great characters, and that sense of fun you used to know, then yes.

If you're talking about games that would take you weeks or months to finish, you may need to adjust your thinking slightly.

Most Telltale releases will be in smaller "episodic" format. If those old Sierra & LucasArts games were like movies, then Telltale's will be more akin to TV shows.

Smaller, over more quickly, but appearing with a lot more regularity.

:)
  • edited December 2005
    I still hope that the lack of length is remedied with increasing the complexity and difficulty of the puzzles. The one thing about the csi game I played was that it was painfully easy. I finished it in an afternoon at my summer job.
  • edited December 2005
    Aren't the Kings Quest and Space Quest series still with Sierra? I believe a fan made Kings Quest game almost got canned when Sierra kicked up a fuss. Besides which, most of the Sierra adventure games were boring as hell. Except for Gabriel Knight and Space Quest. Dying is not a fun element in adventure games.
  • edited December 2005
    There was lots of dying in Space Quest, and most times it was humorous. And loads of fun, too. Sometimes I'd even go out of my way to get Roger eaten by pods or pulvarized by alien creatures.
  • edited December 2005
    I didn't enjoy space quest all too much. I remember trying to pick up a bit of metal and it sliced me open and killed me. Not fun
Sign in to comment in this discussion.