TWD: Have to replay Episode 4??

edited January 2013 in Game Support
Hi. I've already finished episode 4 and is about to play episode 5. But I accidentally clicked continue for episode 4 and it went back to where I was about to go rescue Clementine. I clicked back and I went to play episode 5 and i realized that the last decisions in episode 4 are lost (the dialogue options through the phone), so I went back to play episode 4. Now, I had to play the whole episode over. Any ideas guys? It's a pretty long episode... Or can I just play episode 5 without the previous decisions?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2013
    What platform are you playing on?
    Did it really say "Continue" for Episode 4 or "Play"?

Of course you can play Episode 5 without the decisions, but it's more fun for you if we can recover yours.
  • edited January 2013
    I'm playing on PC. It was saying Continue before I accidentally click on it the first time. After I started chapter 5 and realized the decisions are reverted, I went back to chapter 4 and it changed to 'play'. When I click on it I had to play all over.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2013
    That's weird. I think it usually only says continue when it thinks you're not done with the episode, so there might be a different issue with your savegames.

Do you have the TTG Store, Steam or CD version?
  • edited January 2013
    oh well, I did remember skipping the credits? Going back to the menu without waiting for it to finish. I'm using CD version.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2013
    iggybug wrote: »
    oh well, I did remember skipping the credits? Going back to the menu without waiting for it to finish. I'm using CD version.

Not waiting for the credits to finish might have caused problems.

Please make a backup copy of your savegame folder:

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

Then try the "restore previous version" feature (right click, "properties", "restore previous version") on the original. Maybe you have a version of shortly before it happened.
This discussion has been closed.