Issues with The Walking Dead

edited January 2013 in Game Support
I am playing on PC via Steam I have Windows 7:

I have 2 issues:

After I finish episode 4 the game will not autosave or show the correct stats of the decisions made by the community. (All it reads is decisions 1, 2, etc.) Once the credits of the episode end I go to try and play the 5th episode but it says that it is coming soon and I cannot play it. So I restart the game but I have to play through the final moments of episode 4 once again. (After Lee gets bitten). I have already contacted steam and they told my to Verify Integrity of Game Cache which I have already done and it has not changed the outcome of my situation. Please Help.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2013
    It's possible that your issue is caused by having multiple prefs.prop files, which sometimes happens for unknown reasons.
    There should be only one prefs.prop, and that's in the savegame folder:
    Win Vista/7: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

If you run TWD in compatibility mode for win95 or win98/me it might save to:
    %PUBLIC%\Documents\Telltale Games\GameData
    or
    %PUBLIC%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

Please check if there are additional prefs.prop files in the install folder
    (e.g. \Steam\SteamApps\common\the walking dead)
    or its subfolders.
    If so, make a backup copy of the prefs.prop and delete it from the install folder.

If that doesn't help, make a backup copy of the savegame folder's prefs.prop, and then try copying the install folder prefs.prop to the savegame folder.
This discussion has been closed.