Different kind of save error

edited January 2013 in Game Support
I did a search and google and couldn't find a problem similar to mine. I had played walking dead up to episode 3 a few months ago. Me and my girlfriend decided we both wanted to play it so I deleted my save game and started over so we could play together. Last night we played through episode 1 completely. Tonight we tried to play episode 2, but it keep loading my episode 3 game from several months ago. How can this game load a 3 month old save game that I deleted?

Edit: Here are various things I've tried:

- the prop.perf fix from older episodes
- deleting all the backup save games so the game would only load the saves from last night (the steam cloud put them right back)
- renaming save games based on what I thought the game was trying to do, to trick it into loading the right one.
- copying the same game to slots 2 and 3

none of this has made any difference.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2013
    If you want to manipulate the savegame folder, you can disable steam cloud for TWD (In Steam, right click TWD and select "properties". Open the tab "updates" and remove the checkbox from "Enable Steam cloud synchronization for TWD").
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks! I tried to just rush through episode 1 last night and the same thing happened. I hope this helps now that we're going to play it through for the third time.
This discussion has been closed.