Activation failure

edited January 2008 in Game Support
So, I've downloaded these new versions of Season One that you sent me an email about, hoping that they'd be nicer than the previous versions I downloaded and got on DVD. Seems like you failed again with these, but never mind.

Now, I'm trying to play Episode 101, I've logged in on it (there was nowhere to enter that serial number you sent) but now the game says that it doesn't see that I have purchased it. Funny that, since I had to login to my account to download the thing!

So:
A) How do I activate these newly downloaded versions of Season One with the serial numbers that you provided?
B) What is with those boxes before you login to the game? The ones that advertise the new episodes of things and ask for your email address in the lower right corner? They seem broken too. There is no "PLAY THE GAME" button on them and I have to click randomly all over the place on them to get anything to happen.

You know before I could even get to this screen where it was telling me that I hadn't purchased the game, I had to reboot my computer because even though Process Explorer wasn't running, SecuROM insisted that it was. It had been running the first time I ran the game. Looks like it remembers that it was there and refuses to do anything untila reboot.
GREAT FUN!

Also, upon booting the 5/6 episodes that include SecuROM (104 doesn't seem to have it, I congratulate you for this) I get an error message about WINMM.dll being missing. Did you forget to include something in the download/SecuROM config? Nothing else on my computer has ever complained about this file.

</rant>

So, anyway, please help me to play the games. I'm shocked that something I have paid for is such a pain in the arse to use.

Comments

• edited January 2008
    It sounds like your computer isn't properly executing Javascript for some reason. Do you have any internet security or virus software that might mess with script execution?

As for winmm.dll, I have no idea what that is. It's not something that ships with our games. A quick google search turns up that it's a Windows component, so it seems like that might be indicative of a larger problem with your system.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Also, if you update to the latest version of Process Explorer, you won't have to do that pesky rebooting thing anymore. You just have to turn it off rather than rebooting.
  • edited January 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Do you have any internet security or virus software that might mess with script execution?
    Good point, I disabled my proxies for a while, but I do have some anti-virus (NOD32) that transparently scans. I'll take a shot at disabling that.
    tabacco wrote: »
    As for winmm.dll, I have no idea what that is. It's not something that ships with our games.
    Well, like I say, it's never been needed for anything before. This is a very minimal system that's only used for games. However, it is the 64bit version of XP, that might have something to do with it. If I find out anything else, I'll try to remember to post it here, incase it helps someone else.
  • edited January 2008
    Will wrote: »
    Also, if you update to the latest version of Process Explorer, you won't have to do that pesky rebooting thing anymore. You just have to turn it off rather than rebooting.
    Ooooo, nice. It's possible that mine is a month or two old. I did totally disable Process Explorer (and checked it was disabled in taskmgr.exe), but if the new one fixes this issue, excellent :)
  • edited January 2008
    Here's a screenshot of how the "intro" page for 104 looks. Although, the page looks the same for any of them. Same broken "black box" around the text on the lower right.
    This is with my proxies and internet module of the anti-virus disabled. I'm assuming it picks up proxy settings from Internet Explorer, if it uses them at all. So that's where I disabled them.

Also, thanks to the guy who recommended an upgrade of Process Explorer. That solved the rebooting issue :)
This discussion has been closed.