Could T.H.E.M. be this seasons main S&M villains

edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
I was thinkin of how often T.H.E.M. is mentioned in this season's Sam and Max. In way, it reminds me of Hugh Bliss's cult in season 1, where it is at least mentioned in the background or in dialogue at least once per episode.

My theory is that the organization is more like a group of villains, much like S.p.e.c.t.o.r. (I think that is what they are called) in the 007 movies or the Legion of Doom/legion like in Superfriends/DC universe.

I'd imagine that the acronym is probably a team members name and that each member are shown in each episode, whereas they all get together in episode five. I mean, there are four words in them and five episodes.

If I am correct, I can imagine the Moai being the M or the giant red Triangle being the T

The posessed Santa could be H as in Hell or something.

Comments

• edited January 2008
    i think you're definitely right about t.h.e.m. being the villains, but in a different way. santa being h is rather unlikely, since bosco mentioned t.h.e.m. before santa went to hell. i already posted my theory on the other villain thread, but either it was lost due to timeout or got deleted on purpose, because i was right.
    anyway, bosco is afraid of t.h.e.m. and at first it seems as if this is just his regular paranoia, but in season one he usually talked about government conspiracies. so this might be something different altogether. the newxt two episodes will probably make us believe that the force behind all this indidents is some kind of mysterious organisation or supernatural/extraterrestrial entities, but is only a diversion to hide the obvious. it's a single person.
    bosco actually knows the villain, but is to ashamed to talk. who else has also been mentioned in connection to bosco this season?
    t.h.e.m. is no other than bosco's mother...
    :D
  • edited January 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    i think you're definitely right about t.h.e.m. being the villains, but in a different way. santa being h is rather unlikely, since bosco mentioned t.h.e.m. before santa went to hell. i already posted my theory on the other villain thread, but either it was lost due to timeout or got deleted on purpose, because i was right.
    anyway, bosco is afraid of t.h.e.m. and at first it seems as if this is just his regular paranoia, but in season one he usually talked about government conspiracies. so this might be something different altogether. the newxt two episodes will probably make us believe that the force behind all this indidents is some kind of mysterious organisation or supernatural/extraterrestrial entities, but is only a diversion to hide the obvious. it's a single person.
    bosco actually knows the villain, but is to ashamed to talk. who else has also been mentioned in connection to bosco this season?
    t.h.e.m. is no other than bosco's mother...
    :D

I was thinking of that
    Bosco's mom
    , as well, but forgot to add it on my last comment.
    I mean, she has been mentioned quite often since episode 6.
  • edited January 2008
    Bosco may look ridiculous but he is right most of the time. THEM is definitely in, and I think
    Spatula
    is somehow connected with THEM (THEM = Teleost Hegemony Emancipation Movement?)
  • edited January 2008
    Hmm... when in doubt, consult Wikipedia:

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THEM_%28TV_series%29 - A secret society of magicians? Sounds Sam & Max-ey.

2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elijah_Muhammad - This guy is listed on the disambiguation page for 'Them', calling him 'The Honourable Elijah Muhammad'. I think it's unlikely that Telltale would be referencing this, but you never know.

3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THEM%21_%28comics%29 - Another possibility that at least seems plausible.

If anything, T.H.E.M. might be inspired by any of these three, but at the very least, I suspect that it's similar in nature - something to do with a secret society of something or other. I rather like Randulf's Teleost suggestion, personally. :)
  • edited February 2008
    Mabye T.H.E.M is mabye there not. it could be Mr.Spatula or mabye this whole season is about mythology ex.Santa=mythalogical, ghosts=real for the ghost hunters mythalogical for anyone else, zombies and vampires=mythalogical.
  • edited February 2008
    I was just thinking... what if 'T.H.E.M.' just stands for 'the mob'? It would fit pretty well with that Godfather-type music playing at Bosco's - after all, that theme is called 'T.H.E.M.' I know they've done the whole mafia thing before, but maybe now it's the real thing, not just toy mafia.
  • edited February 2008
    I'd say
    Bosco's mom
    too, only T.H.E.M. sounds like more than one person, so it's probably
    Bosco's mom and the original Stinky
  • edited February 2008
    it can't be the
    original Stinky
    because the new
    Stinky killed him!!
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    wat if in 203 old stinky comes back to life as a zombie?
  • edited February 2008
    I think all zombies have an "old stinky" to them. I can't imagine rotting flesh smelling that great.
  • edited February 2008
    So old stinky is dead?
  • edited February 2008
    All I know is that in episode 201 I can say them over and over to freak bosco out. They can't be all evil can them? PS. the gold fish was a replacement, so what happened to the original mr. Spatula? cue twilight zone music here
  • edited February 2008
    I think all zombies have an "old stinky" to them. I can't imagine rotting flesh smelling that great.

People who have gotten breast implants, and has gotten the problem with internal rottening, can confirm this is true ;)
  • edited February 2008
    internal rotting? that's far more than i wanted to know..
    PS. the gold fish was a replacement, so what happened to the original mr. Spatula? cue twilight zone music here
    there where probably a lot more spatulas than shown in season 1. they probably buy a new whatercooler bottle, including a fish, every week. i mean there is actually no way to get fish food in there without removing the whole bottle and i can't imagine either sam or max doing it to often..thus the mass of goldfish specters will someday combine to form an undead superfish consciousness...
  • edited February 2008

there where probably a lot more spatulas than shown in season 1. they probably buy a new whatercooler bottle, including a fish, every week. i mean there is actually no way to get fish food in there without removing the whole bottle and i can't imagine either sam or max doing it to often..thus the mass of goldfish specters will someday combine to form an undead superfish consciousness...

So Mr. spatula is going to form Voltron!?! SWEET!
  • edited February 2008
    I think T.H.E.Y have inseperably close ties to T.H.E.M. But to find out who the main villain is, i think you will have to wait, because so far the list of possibilities is huge.
  • edited February 2008
    GAAH I JUST REALISED! if bosco knows who T.H.E.M really is, then it MUST be aliens. why? because in 202 you radio bosco and say something alien-y (cant remember exactly) and he freaks out and you dont see him again from that point on, probably because he flees to his bunker, the one he built SPECIFICALLY TO HIDE FROM THEM!!!!!!! wow, typing in caps is fun!
  • edited February 2008
    personally, i think it would be better if they made THEM look more and more like the main villains, but then go for something different at the last second. then surprise everyone by having THEM as the main villain of S3

but thats just me :P
  • edited February 2008
    however it will turn out, i hope there are a lot of surprises and twists at the end. something awesome and jawdroppingly clever...
  • edited February 2008
    T.H.E.M. is actually Hugh Bliss. :p That way, Season 2 can be renamed into Sam and Max 2: The Wrath of Bliss
  • edited February 2008
    THEM is no doubt whatever is going down in Two-teeth's club.
  • edited February 2008
    Or maybe the only reason bosco says T.H.E.M is because when he hears the word them he screams, as we all know. The acronym may not even be an acronym, its more like when you take the dog for a W.A.L.K so it doesnt piss itself from excitement.
  • edited February 2008
    but wouldn't a dog recognize the acronym after you used it a few times and then still become excited?

anyway, even if it is really just them, the only difference it makes is that them have to be at least to persons..right?
  • edited February 2008
    Hmph I dont think so in episode 203 at the end Flint Paper said that Bosco is vanished of the face of Earth maybe aliens kidnapped him
  • edited February 2008
    I'm not surprised if this machine appears in the next episode.
    We already saw the skylight with stars in episode 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism
  • edited March 2008
    T.H.E.M is the villain of the next episode.
  • edited March 2008
    Mr. Spatula being Mac Salmon? Or Bosco's family (not just his mother)? Or T.H.E.M. being an actual acronym? Who knows?
  • edited March 2008
    tredlow wrote: »
    Mr. Spatula being Mac Salmon?

I asked about this at one of the conventions last year, I forget which.
    Apparently they came up with Mr Spatula turning into Mack Salmon, but Steve Purcell rejected it. Maybe next season.:(

This reminds me of that episode of Red Dwarf where Ace Rimmer dies, Rimmer replaces him and they send his light-bee out to a huge field of dead light-bees.
  • edited March 2008
    M.I.B...
    T.H.E.M...

After watching the gameplay video, I'm sure this episode is connected with Men in Black somewhat. We never saw the eyes of Agent Superball, and he always wear black. Also, if I may be so blunt. I believe we are going up against the devil in the last episode(at least, that's what I was thinking while I was reading about MIB on wikipedia and thinking of who could possibly control the aliens.)
  • edited March 2008
    Damn I'd love to see Mac Salmon, again. 202 trailer originally made me think RUBBER PANTS COMMANDOS! Only the chimp was missing. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.