Season 1 things i just picked up on...

edited February 2008 in Sam & Max
Was playing season 1 again and realised all these great suttelties(is that how i spell that :confused:) anyway, to see what i mean play attention to the tune that plays in 104 when bosco gives you the vodka. I actually lol'd when i realised it, and mega props to jared emerson-johnson for jazzing up one of the best songs ever written!

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Whoa i just remembered, does anyone know when (if ever) we can get ALL the tunes and songs from se1? Because in the soundtrack included in the retail copy of se1, there wasnt the war song :(
  • edited February 2008
    Amazingly, all the music is available on this fine 2 CD set!

http://www.telltalegames.com/store/snm-s1-soundtrack
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Was playing season 1 again and realised all these great suttelties(is that how i spell that :confused:) anyway, to see what i mean play attention to the tune that plays in 104 when bosco gives you the vodka. I actually lol'd when i realised it, and mega props to jared emerson-johnson for jazzing up one of the best songs ever written!

That was one of my favorite sneaky musical moments. Episode four has a bunch of them. The music in the oval office is a ridiculously dixieland jazzed-out version of the Star-Spangled Banner, and when you launch the Washington Monument at Bosco's satellite, you hear a brief pre-reference to the Moonscape theme from the still-two-episodes-away Bright Side of the Moon.
  • edited February 2008
    I only noticed the number while I was listening to it on the soundtrack and my reaction was "What the?" and immediately downloaded 104 (left my CD at home, thanks for making it free!) and frantically played through to see where it came up. One word: Awesome. :D

Edit: Deleted a paragraph due to sudden acute reading comprehension.
  • edited February 2008
    Which song is this on the soundtrack?
  • edited February 2008
    It is on the second CD track six, "The Inconvenience".
    edited February 2008
    (the one with its title in Russian)
  • edited February 2008
    *looks at packaging* Oopse, the audio ripper didn't get that down correctly. :o
  • edited February 2008
    Oh if only the exchange rate was better!
  • mremre
    edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    That was one of my favorite sneaky musical moments. Episode four has a bunch of them. The music in the oval office is a ridiculously dixieland jazzed-out version of the Star-Spangled Banner, and when you launch the Washington Monument at Bosco's satellite, you hear a brief pre-reference to the Moonscape theme from the still-two-episodes-away Bright Side of the Moon.

Let's see... Which two songs on the CD would those be?
  • edited February 2008
    mre wrote: »
    Let's see... Which two songs on the CD would those be?

The first composition is "Consecutive Office", which is on the second CD. The other one isn't on the soundtrack, but the piece that it references to is "Moonscape", which is on the same disc.
  • mremre
    edited February 2008
    The first composition is "Consecutive Office", which is on the second CD.

Ah. Sorry, but I just don't hear it. :confused:
    The other one isn't on the soundtrack, but the piece that it references to is "Moonscape", which is on the same disc.

No wonder I coundn't find it in any of the 104 songs... :)
  • edited February 2008
    By the way, is the "Inconvenience"-Track referring to the Petshop Boys' "Go West"? Cause that's the only song I hear in there...
  • edited February 2008
    It's based on the Russian anthem. http://www.hymn.ru/index-en.html has a collection of many instances of it played.
  • mremre
    edited February 2008
    It's based on the Russian anthem. http://www.hymn.ru/index-en.html has a collection of many instances of it played.

*ehum*

sam-max-season-1-episode-4-abe-lincoln-must-die-20070302060840653.jpg

Seeing as this is where you originally heard the tune, I guess this version is probably most appropriate for comparison. ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qLcc19mt4eA
  • edited February 2008
    Russian anthem? how dare you! it's the soviet one which is bassically the russian one, but when reffering to the tune you should say "the soviet anthem" because its the original. Who cares about that? I CARE!
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, the track that plays when you get Comrade Bosco what he wants is "The Internationale," the Soviet national anthem, done in cheezy muzak/loungy jazz style.

One of the two tracks I was referring to isn't actually on the CD to my knowledge! (The one where you launch the Washington monument.) If you want to access it quick, and have Telltale's Season One DVD, the cutscene (with the allusion to the Moonscape music) is in the episode 4 video reel.
  • mremre
    edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Yeah, the track that plays when you get Comrade Bosco what he wants is "The Internationale," the Soviet national anthem, done in cheezy muzak/loungy jazz style.

One of the two tracks I was referring to isn't actually on the CD to my knowledge! (The one where you launch the Washington monument.) If you want to access it quick, and have Telltale's Season One DVD, the cutscene (with the allusion to the Moonscape music) is in the episode 4 video reel.

Not quite right. The Internationale is The Internationale, the Soviet anthem is the Soviet anthem. Google it.

And it's moments like this that I don't like my european S1 DVD. :(
    edited February 2008
    Touché! I guess it was the anthem of the Soviet Union from the 20s to the mid 40s, though!
  • mremre
    edited February 2008
    That's probably right. Then I guess Stalin realised that having a national anthem about revolting against the oppressive rulers was not the best idea, heh. :p

Great song though, the new one.
  • edited February 2008
    I thought lenin had that written... It does say "great party lenin to the soviet dream" or something like that.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.