Parodies you'd like to see

edited February 2008 in Sam & Max
i think i'd like to see max playing a game of raving rabids on a wii, get annoyed through it out the window just so sam can say something like "your my only raving rabid max"

also is there any plans to bring out any of these classic point and click games to the wii, think these would suit the controller perfectly.

Comments

• edited February 2008
    I'd like to see Max yells "Bhaaaaa" instead of "Weeeee" just once in a while/
  • jmmjmm
    edited February 2008
    Randulf wrote: »

Since when did Max turned into a sheep? :)
  • edited February 2008
    The fewer parodies the better.

Parodies in media are funny at the time they're made, but in a few year's time, the subjects in question become passe and people don't necessarily relate as well as they would've at the time of creation.

Especially no Scarface or Godfather parodies.
  • edited February 2008
    Randulf wrote: »
    I thought it was "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
  • jmmjmm
    edited February 2008
    Maybe Max will say "Durrr..."
  • edited February 2008
    mish wrote: »

I absolutely agree. For me, Parodies, pop cultere references et al. are the weakest, easiest kind of humor. They can be funny and are part of Sam & Max, but I much prefer dialog or character driven humor.

The fewer video game/Hollywood blockbuster/TV Show parodies the better.
  • edited February 2008
    There were parodies that I liked that they've done before (such as the Indiana Jones in HTR and the Star Wars comics that Steve did once or twice), but I doubt it would really work unless it was of something considered timeless, unlike Wii based jokes. (I don't even know that 'raving rabid' is, to be honest).
  • edited February 2008
    I'd just like a reference to the song "Still Alive", and that's it.
  • edited February 2008
    timeless parodies are alright. yeah.
  • edited February 2008
    mish wrote: »

Parodies in media are funny at the time they're made, but in a few year's time, the subjects in question become passe and people don't necessarily relate as well as they would've at the time of creation.

Especially no Scarface or Godfather parodies.

Not always, because if that was the case then why is scary movie and airplane so popular. Although I hate scary movie, and superbad had no parodies and it was golden.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!
  • edited February 2008
    I just thought of where to put the "still alive" thing. It would be at the end of 205, just like "Max, Max, Max, Max, Max, Max World" was at the end of 106.

Maybe have COPS sing it if they meet with a "horible dmeise".

Would VALVE and J.Coulton be OK with it?
  • edited February 2008
    Why would we want to parody Still Alive instead of doing something original?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.