Sam&Max 203: Night of the Raving Dead Review

edited February 2008 in Sam & Max
Hey there TellTalle forum..peeps..

I just wrote my review for the newest Sam&Max Game, you can read it here:
http://archgamer.blogspot.com/2008/02/sam-203-night-of-raving-dead-review_12.html

Hope y'all like it.

James-Kond

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Nice review. I checked it out earlier this morning when it came in via Google Alert!

A few other reviews worth checking out: EuroGamer, spoiler-containing review at , and a review at Talking About Games.
  • edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Nice review. I checked it out earlier this morning when it came in via Google Alert!

How's that work, then?
    edited February 2008
    I get an email from Google Alerts whenever it picks up that someone's written an article about Sam & Max or Telltale. It's super handy!
  • edited February 2008
    woaw cool, just so you know im not really listed as "official" reviewer but NoobToob gave me the rights because they didn't have time to review it themselves
  • edited February 2008
    Resident Evil 4 references? Timeless!

uh, on second thought (or first) not at all!

Maybe I'll start reviewing games now too.
  • edited February 2008
    "found the humour in "Nights of the Raving Dead" quite enjoyable"
    That line just cracks me up. Thats like reviewing a tv and going "I found that turning on a tv is quite enjoyable because it allows me to watch it.

PS.Jake does your google thing show you blogs to?
    edited February 2008
    I think it's anything that Google spiders, including blog updates.
  • edited February 2008
    "found the humour in "Nights of the Raving Dead" quite enjoyable"
    That line just cracks me up. Thats like reviewing a tv and going "I found that turning on a tv is quite enjoyable because it allows me to watch it.
    Well.. I could have not enjoy the humour in episode 203, but I did.. and damn writing something smart about humour after already 3 Sam&Max reviews is quite hard..
  • edited February 2008
    James-Kond wrote: »
    Well.. I could have not enjoy the humour in episode 203, but I did.. and damn writing something smart about humour after already 3 Sam&Max reviews is quite hard..

Try after 8. :D I find it so hard rewritting about the great graphics and music each time.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, Google update is kinda random about what it picks up. Sometimes it will find some weird tiny little blog but completely miss a major site. I'd say it misses blog posts more often than not, but they do pop up from time to time.
  • DanHDanH Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I think it's anything that Google spiders, including blog updates.

Google spiders sound dangerous. Are we still talking about the creepy crawlies of Night of the Raving Dead or did I miss something?
  • edited February 2008
    Sorry to get off-topic (again!), but I'd just like to say it's nice having more of the TT posting regularly around here. :)
    edited February 2008
    DanH wrote: »
    Google spiders sound dangerous. Are we still talking about the creepy crawlies of Night of the Raving Dead or did I miss something?

Google's are better than "Yahoo Slurp Spiders." Those are the ones to fear.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    [off topic]

Google updates aren't just pulled by spiders. You have to register your site with Google for it to be included in news updates.

[/off topic]
  • edited February 2008
    Did he say Stuttgart?? Funny, don't remember any castles like that near there :-S Might have just missed the one filled with zombies :eek:
  • edited February 2008
    Perhaps the person who owned it made it appear Dracula style.
  • edited February 2008
    Just keep in mind that EuroGame are IDIOTS - they think that Moai Better Blues is better than this!
  • edited February 2008
    A french review here from jeuxvideopc.com :

http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/test/33212-sam-max-203-night-of-the-raving-dead.php

Very very short version/translation : The best Telltale's Sam&Max, rating : 17/20
  • edited February 2008
    From GameTap's very own review:

http://www.gametap.com/home/read/article/3885
    A cool Paper Boy minigame debuts; great character parts by Jurgen, Sybil, and the comical Hans Moleman

D'oh!

Then there's this review, which claims the game can be completed in one hour. Huh?!
    I'm starting to think gaming journalists are some sort of geniuses, but then I realize that every other piece of evidence points to the contrary.
  • edited February 2008
    From GameTap's very own review:

http://www.gametap.com/home/read/article/3885

D'oh!
    I don't think that counts, seeing as they made mention of Boscoe
Sign in to comment in this discussion.