S&M S02E03 Crashing on Launch

edited February 2008 in Game Support
For some reason my S&M S02E03 won't work :confused: All of the other Sam and Max episodes I have work fine (as all my other games) but as soon as I launch S02E03 the screen goes black and CTDs with the standard 'xxx has stopped working' error message.

I'm running Windows Vista with and 8800GTS 320MB - the error is linked to d3d8.dll (DirectX I guess?)

Any ideas guys? Seems odd that it's only this episode not working, I've tried reinstalling already. Ta!

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    When you re-installed, did you try re-downloading first?
  • edited February 2008
    Will wrote: »
    When you re-installed, did you try re-downloading first?

Yeah I tried that and now it works :D Best episode yet! Thanks for the help :)
  • edited February 2008
    I had the same problem.

My computer is running on Vista Premium.
    Graphics card: ATI HD2600

I noticed that it was not the launcher but the game it self that was having trouble starting. So i figured that the problem could be related to what kind of resolution my computer was set to. (Same issue with Civilization 4)

I set the resolution to 1024*768 and started the game. And it worked!

In the configuration part of the begining, I set the resolution to my prefered setting: 1280*720 and then the game "went nuts" and crashed.

However, the graphic setting in the game was now fixed, so I changed the resolution to 1280*720 on my computer, started the game and...voilá :cool:

Conclusion:
    Vista seems to have some issue starting games in a lower resolution.

I don´t believe that this is Telltale´s fault, more likely that Microsoft have to patch this bug.

Hope this will help someone.
This discussion has been closed.